Oovee will not accept mods/code etc ripped from other games or made from models with illegal/unsuitable copyright or not in accordance with licenses and/or forum rules. Any Mods will be removed and the user may be banned.
Only statements relating to Spintires that are posted here by Oovee staff are official statements from Oovee limited and Spin Tires

There is a issue with the Facebook Login. Until this is fixed you can request a password reset using the email you use to access Facebook.

Photo
* - - - - 1 votes
open

FAQ / Read before posting / Typical issues and answers

open

55 replies to this topic

#41 MarijnS95

MarijnS95

Raytrace-em-all

• Senior Moderator
  • 3,597 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 23 January 2016 - 10:34 AM

Hey everybody,
I just downloaded spintires from steam several days ago and I've been enjoying the stock trucks and maps but today I decided to download and install my first mod truck.  I am a complete noob to the game and especially installing mods so I watched a youtube video on how to do it, followed it step by step (I thought)  I created an account with oovee, downloaded the dodge ram 2500 dually, installed those files into the media file (not zipped) and then the game wouldn't even open.  I went back into the media file, deleted the files that I had installed and then the game opened but didn't respond fully.  Like when I Press the M key for the main menu nothing happened.  I closed the game, restarted my computer, tried to reopen the game and again it will not even open.  I'm confused and frustrated!  What should I do?  I really look forward to being able to download and install some trucks and maps!  Thanks in advance for any information!

You'd be better off by using Steam workshop. The mod you downloaded is for a legacy version of Spintires.

To fix the issue you have now, follow this tutorial to clean your game.
Please use the search function or Google before posting a question!
It might've been asked already, and you'll get your answer way quicker than waiting for a response.
Keep in mind that I'm a voluntary moderator, not an official Oovee representative. Things I say may or may not represent the view of Oovee themselves.
Create and send log
  1. Start Spintires while holding Shift. (Start it by clicking play in Steam or (double)clicking the icon on your desktop/start-menu/taskbar)
  2. Try to reproduce the bug. Make sure you get the behavior that you are reporting before proceeding to the next step.
  3. Open up the forum thread, right to the Post button there is another button called More Reply options. Click that.
  4. On the bottom there is a button called Choose Files.... A file selection window should appear. Paste type in
    %appdata%\Spintires\Log.txt
    and press enter. Now the log file should upload. If it gives an error, manually check if the file Log.txt exists. If not, try again
  5. Finish your post and send it.
Clean up your Spintires installation
  1. Go to the installation directory of Spintires, usually in
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Spintires
    . This is the default location. If you told Steam to install at another location, you probably know where it is. If you can't find it, right-click the game in Steam, click on the tab Local files then click on Browse Local Files.
  2. Delete all files that end with the
    .mdmp
    extension. If there are other files besides
    _CommonRedist
    Media
    User
    Media.zip
    Shaders.zip
    SpinTires.exe
    steam_api.dll
    steam_appid.txt
    and
    TexturesCache.zip
    , delete these too.
  3. Go into the
    Media
    folder and delete everything except the
    videos
    folder.
  4. Press windowskey and R simultaneously, type in (or copy)
    %appdata%
    and press enter. Now delete the Spintires folder. Warning: this deletes your settings and saves! If you want to keep this, backup this folder to another location.
  5. Now, verify the Steam Appcache for Spintires. To do so click here . Don't be surprised, this button will fire up Steam and do the validation!
Delete Spintires from your computer
Are you sure? Sure, delete Spintires.
Create DxDiag
  1. Press windowskey and R simultaneously, type in (or copy)
    dxdiag
    and press enter. Click yes if a warning about signatures pops up.
  2. Click the save button on the bottom right. Choose a location you can easily find! Wait for the saving process to complete.
  3. Upload the file you created to the forum. Click more reply options next to the post button to upload the file.
  4. Finish your post (write something descriptive) and post it.

#42 hashblunts420

hashblunts420

• Experienced Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 03:12 AM

Since I am unsure exactly to report bugs, here seems good.

The Bug I am experiencing is with the chat function; Most of the time when I launch the game and enter a multiplayer lobby, I am unable to use chat, in the lobby and the game itself. I can click on the chat box in a lobby, and see the blinking text bar as if I could enter text, but I can't. When I am in game I can open the chat window, but cannot enter text.

At this point I will restart my game, usually once but as many as 6 times before the chat function will work again. I have already tried validating my games files to no avail. From what I've seen, very few other people have this problem as I see no posted bug reports regarding it. This started back in November If I remember properly.

#43 MarijnS95

MarijnS95

Raytrace-em-all

• Senior Moderator
  • 3,597 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 02:05 PM

Since I am unsure exactly to report bugs, here seems good.

The Bug I am experiencing is with the chat function; Most of the time when I launch the game and enter a multiplayer lobby, I am unable to use chat, in the lobby and the game itself. I can click on the chat box in a lobby, and see the blinking text bar as if I could enter text, but I can't. When I am in game I can open the chat window, but cannot enter text.
At this point I will restart my game, usually once but as many as 6 times before the chat function will work again. I have already tried validating my games files to no avail. From what I've seen, very few other people have this problem as I see no posted bug reports regarding it. This started back in November If I remember properly.

Besides validating, did you clean your game?
It might've been asked already, and you'll get your answer way quicker than waiting for a response.
Keep in mind that I'm a voluntary moderator, not an official Oovee representative. Things I say may or may not represent the view of Oovee themselves.
Create and send log
  1. Start Spintires while holding Shift. (Start it by clicking play in Steam or (double)clicking the icon on your desktop/start-menu/taskbar)
  2. Try to reproduce the bug. Make sure you get the behavior that you are reporting before proceeding to the next step.
  3. Open up the forum thread, right to the Post button there is another button called More Reply options. Click that.
  4. On the bottom there is a button called Choose Files.... A file selection window should appear. Paste type in
    and press enter. Now the log file should upload. If it gives an error, manually check if the file Log.txt exists. If not, try again
    . This is the default location. If you told Steam to install at another location, you probably know where it is. If you can't find it, right-click the game in Steam, click on the tab Local files then click on Browse Local Files.
    .mdmp
    _CommonRedist
    Media
    User
    Media.zip
    Shaders.zip
    SpinTires.exe
    steam_api.dll
    steam_appid.txt
    and
    TexturesCache.zip
    , delete these too.
  3. Go into the
    Media
    videos
    folder.
    %appdata%
    and press enter. Now delete the Spintires folder. Warning: this deletes your settings and saves! If you want to keep this, backup this folder to another location.
  5. Now, verify the Steam Appcache for Spintires. To do so click here . Don't be surprised, this button will fire up Steam and do the validation!
Create DxDiag
    dxdiag
  2. Click the save button on the bottom right. Choose a location you can easily find! Wait for the saving process to complete.
  3. Upload the file you created to the forum. Click more reply options next to the post button to upload the file.

#44 james5121

james5121

• Experienced Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 February 2016 - 12:41 AM

I can't make a new thread for posting my issue. How am I supposed to let the devs know what issues the game has if I have no way of doing so. I know I'm classified as a "newbie" but I am not a big forum user. I just want to submit posts that relate to any bugs I encounter. I shouldn't have to be an "active" part of the "community" to do so. just imagine how many bugs went unfixed due to this restriction. I mean, Come on guys.

#45 Hein

Hein

Make Coffee Not War

• Senior Moderator
  • 3,810 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 28 February 2016 - 01:17 AM

I can't make a new thread for posting my issue. How am I supposed to let the devs know what issues the game has if I have no way of doing so. I know I'm classified as a "newbie" but I am not a big forum user. I just want to submit posts that relate to any bugs I encounter. I shouldn't have to be an "active" part of the "community" to do so. just imagine how many bugs went unfixed due to this restriction. I mean, Come on guys.

Just imagine the amount of spam that came in that forced us to install this anti spam rule of responding to a x number of posts before your account is elevated.

I can imagine you feel like bugs went unposted due to this rule but i think we can safely say they haven't. We got plenty ;)

Do NOT pm me for support. Use the forum to post your questions etc..

When there is something to announce, Oovee will announce it.

#46 MarijnS95

MarijnS95

Raytrace-em-all

• Senior Moderator
  • 3,597 posts

Posted 28 February 2016 - 04:28 AM

just imagine how many bugs went unfixed due to this restriction.

As Hein said, we've got plenty. And in case you haven't found a topic reporting a similar issue, find the most closest one, and make your post there. We'll sort things out from there (moving it to a new, separate topic if needed). However it happens way too often that people (non-newbies) create new topics for already existing issues. So far I think I merged more topics than that I made posts on this forum.
Create and send log
    .mdmp
    _CommonRedist
    Media
    User
    Media.zip
    Shaders.zip
    SpinTires.exe
    steam_api.dll
    steam_appid.txt
    and
    TexturesCache.zip
    , delete these too.
  3. Go into the
    Media
    videos
    folder.
    %appdata%
Create DxDiag
    dxdiag

#47 The Rage

The Rage

• Experienced Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 04:44 PM

Help? My game won't load it just says Running then it says syncing then it stops and doesn't load. What do I do. I all ready verified the files and still doesn't work

#48 MarijnS95

MarijnS95

Raytrace-em-all

• Senior Moderator
  • 3,597 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 11:31 PM

Help? My game won't load it just says Running then it says syncing then it stops and doesn't load. What do I do. I all ready verified the files and still doesn't work

As (I) said multiple times in this topic, have you cleaned your game?

Search for the links/info yourself. It's even available on this page.
Create and send log
    .mdmp
    _CommonRedist
    Media
    User
    Media.zip
    Shaders.zip
    SpinTires.exe
    steam_api.dll
    steam_appid.txt
    and
    TexturesCache.zip
    , delete these too.
  3. Go into the
    Media
    videos
    folder.
    %appdata%
Create DxDiag
    dxdiag

#49 reddisgreen

reddisgreen

• Experienced Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 06:11 PM

im having a problem with the mouse not showing up when i play. i can still click things but it is invisible

#50 MarijnS95

MarijnS95

Raytrace-em-all

• Senior Moderator
  • 3,597 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 07:36 PM

im having a problem with the mouse not showing up when i play. i can still click things but it is invisible

Set your DPI setting back to default.
Create and send log
    .mdmp
    _CommonRedist
    Media
    User
    Media.zip
    Shaders.zip
    SpinTires.exe
    steam_api.dll
    steam_appid.txt
    and
    TexturesCache.zip
    , delete these too.
  3. Go into the
    Media
    videos
    folder.
    %appdata%
Create DxDiag
    dxdiag

#51 Localhost

Localhost

• Community Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 12:28 AM

@reddisgreen: if you're feeling adventurous, I have a potential fix for the disappearing cursor due to non-100% DPI setting. Just unzip the 3 files in the directory that contains Spintires.exe, run game, and see if you have a cursor. If it's too small try editing the config.xml file.

@MarijnS95: Pavel uses LoadCursor to load cursor from resources. LoadCursor scales with DPI setting, so the base 32x32 cursor becomes a 48x48 image at 150% DPI. Later on DirectX tries to create a texture off the cursor but 48 isn't a power of 2, boom.

#52 Flipper35

Flipper35

• Experienced Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 08:58 PM

I have a small issue.  Every time I start the game I have to setup the controller, a Logitech G27.  I deleted the %appdata%config.xml but it made no difference.  It does not seem to matter if there are mods installed or not.

(Sorry, can't start a new thread yet)

#53 alwaysgamin

alwaysgamin

• Experienced Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 05:43 PM

I have had the game for an hour and already having problems when I load into the game it loads but as soon as I get into the home screen there is no mouse and I cant play the game so please I am really upset that I cant play as only played for 10 mins and payed £20 for it not to work thanks in advance for any help

#54 foxSon

foxSon

• Experienced Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 05:42 PM

[BUG] SSAO option does not work after one of the latest updates. Previously, it worked.

laptop: WIN 8.1 64bit

GPU: GTX 765M

#55 Олександр Репко

Олександр Репко

• Experienced Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 12:57 PM

не включается дифференциал в SpinTires 03.03.16? как исправить?

#56 Metalmilitia

Metalmilitia

• Experienced Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 03:21 PM

Dear offroaders! 

I suggest the most active forum users can make a little "knowledge base" thread thogether, which will be easy to use.

• Cabin camera view / Changing camera position
    The answers are there (the latest solution), also info is there and there.

- solution is there.

• Didn't Receive an Achievement
    The answers are there and there and there and there.
    P.S. 
    IMHO Actually there's no answer for this question. Just try again and again or live with it.

• Cannot open the garage /  Cannot fill the objective / Cannot complete the map
    This is the network / ping issue, solution is

• Big Black Squares  / Square Shadows around the Trucks 
    The answers are there and there.

• Glass texture in mods is not transparent / Black glass issue
    The answers are there and there and there and there.

• Crashing / Missing Surface / Texture bugs / Cache cleanup
    The answers are there and there and there and there and the soft is Clear Cache v1.0;  howto;

• Installing /  uninstalling MODS
    Instruction: Just one of them
    Soft: Jsgme (IMHO the most handy) howto;  ST Mod manager  warning untrusted link / not tested;
    Cache cleanup: Clear Cache v1.0 howto;
     Installation of Dev Demo; one more 2013 Dev Version issues topic; 

• Vehicle tweaking basics 
    There's an instruction

• The gameplay is weird / Is there any purport of the game
    Link to the scholarly research =)

• Game files differ from orignal package, can't play MP or can't unlock achievements. 
    How to fix this here

• User made maps / The Pit map
    User made maps are currently only supported on the legacy version of SpinTires. You can access this by right clicking on the game in Steam, select properties, go to the BETA tab and from the dropdown menu select Legacy. Let Steam finish the download, then install your maps and enjoy.

• Questions about the free dev demo
    VendorX made an awesome topic on that. Please read here.

• Creating a log file
    Hold shift when starting the game. You should now have a log.txt file in the %appdata%\Spintires folder.

• Can't spawn cart
    Look here

• Taking screenshots/turn hud (in screenshots) on/off
    You can turn the hud on/off by the checking the checkbox in the settings panel.
    Screenshots are either taken on Steam by the key you set there (default is F12). When pressing the print-screen button on your keyboard the game will make a screenshot and put that in %appdata%/Shots.

• Graphics issues, game crashes, etc
    Create a DxDiag and attach it to your post.

Looked through the issues posted  and did not see this one covered. Having an issue with mods not showing up for other players in multiplayer lobby menu. When other players join a lobby I have created on standard maps or downloaded maps the mods i select are not showing up for them to download. It's showing up as loading the standard trucks into the map for other players but showing the downloaded mods to me in the menu.I have tried using all different types of mods and the same thing happens.  This has nothing to do if the active achievements or certified mod box options are checked. I rarely use those options.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: open

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users