Oovee will not accept mods/code etc ripped from other games or made from models with illegal/unsuitable copyright or not in accordance with licenses and/or forum rules. Any Mods will be removed and the user may be banned.
Only statements relating to Spintires that are posted here by Oovee staff are official statements from Oovee limited and Spin Tires

There is a issue with the Facebook Login. Until this is fixed you can request a password reset using the email you use to access Facebook.

Photo
* - - - - 1 votes
open

FAQ / Read before posting / Typical issues and answers

open

55 replies to this topic

#1 lamobot

lamobot

Twea-curious!

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 12:56 AM

Dear offroaders! 

I suggest the most active forum users can make a little "knowledge base" thread thogether, which will be easy to use.
  • Cabin camera view / Changing camera position
    The answers are there (the latest solution), also info is there and there.

A good small update I can think of is, that they should remove the "Camera" above the cab. And just make it so you press the number "3" on your keyboard for the hood cam. It's kind of annoying the see the camera floating above you cab, and in a way it defeats the realism.

- solution is there.

• Didn't Receive an Achievement
    The answers are there and there and there and there.
    P.S. 
    IMHO Actually there's no answer for this question. Just try again and again or live with it.

• Cannot open the garage /  Cannot fill the objective / Cannot complete the map
    This is the network / ping issue, solution is

• Big Black Squares  / Square Shadows around the Trucks 
    The answers are there and there.

• Glass texture in mods is not transparent / Black glass issue
    The answers are there and there and there and there.

• Crashing / Missing Surface / Texture bugs / Cache cleanup
    The answers are there and there and there and there and the soft is Clear Cache v1.0;  howto;

• Installing /  uninstalling MODS
    Instruction: Just one of them
    Soft: Jsgme (IMHO the most handy) howto;  ST Mod manager  warning untrusted link / not tested;
    Cache cleanup: Clear Cache v1.0 howto;
     Installation of Dev Demo; one more 2013 Dev Version issues topic; 

• Vehicle tweaking basics 
    There's an instruction

• The gameplay is weird / Is there any purport of the game
    Link to the scholarly research =)

• Game files differ from orignal package, can't play MP or can't unlock achievements. 
    How to fix this here

• User made maps / The Pit map
    User made maps are currently only supported on the legacy version of SpinTires. You can access this by right clicking on the game in Steam, select properties, go to the BETA tab and from the dropdown menu select Legacy. Let Steam finish the download, then install your maps and enjoy.

• Questions about the free dev demo
    VendorX made an awesome topic on that. Please read here.

• Creating a log file
    Hold shift when starting the game. You should now have a log.txt file in the %appdata%\Spintires folder.

• Can't spawn cart
    Look here

• Taking screenshots/turn hud (in screenshots) on/off
    You can turn the hud on/off by the checking the checkbox in the settings panel.
    Screenshots are either taken on Steam by the key you set there (default is F12). When pressing the print-screen button on your keyboard the game will make a screenshot and put that in %appdata%/Shots.

• Graphics issues, game crashes, etc
    Create a DxDiag and attach it to your post.

Edited by MarijnS95, 19 November 2015 - 12:40 PM.
Added more info points

• King_the_modder, statusquo0, Sledge Hammer (Inspector) and 2 others like this

::censored::

#2 Carnaxus

Carnaxus

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 08:22 AM

I support this.  Can't believe this fell to the 2nd page without any replies.

• lamobot likes this

#3 Hein

Hein

Make Coffee Not War

• Senior Moderator
  • 3,810 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 09 January 2015 - 09:32 AM

Probably because something called new years eve came along and kept everybody busy ;).

@lamobot thanks for setting this up, appreciated. I'll pin this to make sure it stays on top. If you don't mind keeping it updated?

I think it looks good as it is now.. but I do suggest adding some other text instead of:

Dear moderators!

I think it could be much more for the newbie members if there was a sticky and renewable topic about typical issues.

A large number of topics was making the forum look very demanded and popular in the beggining. 

But nowdays the quantity of topics/posts are great, furthermore there are too much new topics with the similar questions and it is a little bit annoying to answer the same question over and over again.

Remark: I notice that "point of issue topics" are occasionally removed by moderators in 1-2 days after posted, but there's no FAQ anyway.

I suggest the most active forum users can make together a little "knowledge base" thread which will be pinned and easy to use.

My suggestions for the typical Q/A:

• lamobot likes this

Do NOT pm me for support. Use the forum to post your questions etc..

When there is something to announce, Oovee will announce it.

#4 Carnaxus

Carnaxus

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 05:42 AM

I have a feeling that text was just to get your attention.  Now that it's stickied, he'll probably change it.

#5 MarijnS95

MarijnS95

Raytrace-em-all

• Senior Moderator
  • 3,597 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 10 January 2015 - 11:17 AM

I have a feeling that text was just to get your attention.  Now that it's stickied, he'll probably change it.

That's why we asked ;)

Please use the search function or Google before posting a question!
It might've been asked already, and you'll get your answer way quicker than waiting for a response.
Keep in mind that I'm a voluntary moderator, not an official Oovee representative. Things I say may or may not represent the view of Oovee themselves.
Create and send log
  1. Start Spintires while holding Shift. (Start it by clicking play in Steam or (double)clicking the icon on your desktop/start-menu/taskbar)
  2. Try to reproduce the bug. Make sure you get the behavior that you are reporting before proceeding to the next step.
  3. Open up the forum thread, right to the Post button there is another button called More Reply options. Click that.
  4. On the bottom there is a button called Choose Files.... A file selection window should appear. Paste type in
    %appdata%\Spintires\Log.txt
    and press enter. Now the log file should upload. If it gives an error, manually check if the file Log.txt exists. If not, try again
  5. Finish your post and send it.
Clean up your Spintires installation
  1. Go to the installation directory of Spintires, usually in
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Spintires
    . This is the default location. If you told Steam to install at another location, you probably know where it is. If you can't find it, right-click the game in Steam, click on the tab Local files then click on Browse Local Files.
  2. Delete all files that end with the
    .mdmp
    extension. If there are other files besides
    _CommonRedist
    Media
    User
    Media.zip
    Shaders.zip
    SpinTires.exe
    steam_api.dll
    steam_appid.txt
    and
    TexturesCache.zip
    , delete these too.
  3. Go into the
    Media
    folder and delete everything except the
    videos
    folder.
  4. Press windowskey and R simultaneously, type in (or copy)
    %appdata%
    and press enter. Now delete the Spintires folder. Warning: this deletes your settings and saves! If you want to keep this, backup this folder to another location.
  5. Now, verify the Steam Appcache for Spintires. To do so click here . Don't be surprised, this button will fire up Steam and do the validation!
Delete Spintires from your computer
Are you sure? Sure, delete Spintires.
Create DxDiag
  1. Press windowskey and R simultaneously, type in (or copy)
    dxdiag
    and press enter. Click yes if a warning about signatures pops up.
  2. Click the save button on the bottom right. Choose a location you can easily find! Wait for the saving process to complete.
  3. Upload the file you created to the forum. Click more reply options next to the post button to upload the file.
  4. Finish your post (write something descriptive) and post it.

#6 lamobot

lamobot

Twea-curious!

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 12:36 PM

I've made a liitle change, and I think I won't object of any editing of the 1st post by sage moderators)

#7 Kaku

Kaku

• Community Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 305 posts
  • LocationGermany NRW

Posted 10 January 2015 - 01:04 PM

Hi lamabot. I've found out, that one link is not correct.

7) Installing / uninstalling Mods (Modding.zip tweak)

http://www.oovee.co....4-easy-modding/

Edited by Kaku, 10 January 2015 - 01:04 PM.

76561198066268960.pngKaku_38063_14.png

#8 lamobot

lamobot

Twea-curious!

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 03:00 PM

Hi lamabot. I've found out, that one link is not correct.

Removed  it. Thank you for overseeing

#9 MarijnS95

MarijnS95

Raytrace-em-all

• Senior Moderator
  • 3,597 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 08:23 PM

I've made a liitle change, and I think I won't object of any editing of the 1st post by sage moderators)

Thanks. I added post 10 on a common problem.
Although I always edit in plain mode (so I can write the BBcode myself) but it got all messed up. Would you mind if I reformat parts of the style, and implement numbered lists?

It might've been asked already, and you'll get your answer way quicker than waiting for a response.
Keep in mind that I'm a voluntary moderator, not an official Oovee representative. Things I say may or may not represent the view of Oovee themselves.
Create and send log
  1. Start Spintires while holding Shift. (Start it by clicking play in Steam or (double)clicking the icon on your desktop/start-menu/taskbar)
  2. Try to reproduce the bug. Make sure you get the behavior that you are reporting before proceeding to the next step.
  3. Open up the forum thread, right to the Post button there is another button called More Reply options. Click that.
  4. On the bottom there is a button called Choose Files.... A file selection window should appear. Paste type in
    and press enter. Now the log file should upload. If it gives an error, manually check if the file Log.txt exists. If not, try again
    . This is the default location. If you told Steam to install at another location, you probably know where it is. If you can't find it, right-click the game in Steam, click on the tab Local files then click on Browse Local Files.
    .mdmp
    _CommonRedist
    Media
    User
    Media.zip
    Shaders.zip
    SpinTires.exe
    steam_api.dll
    steam_appid.txt
    and
    TexturesCache.zip
    , delete these too.
  3. Go into the
    Media
    videos
    folder.
    %appdata%
    and press enter. Now delete the Spintires folder. Warning: this deletes your settings and saves! If you want to keep this, backup this folder to another location.
  5. Now, verify the Steam Appcache for Spintires. To do so click here . Don't be surprised, this button will fire up Steam and do the validation!
Create DxDiag
    dxdiag
  2. Click the save button on the bottom right. Choose a location you can easily find! Wait for the saving process to complete.
  3. Upload the file you created to the forum. Click more reply options next to the post button to upload the file.

#10 lamobot

lamobot

Twea-curious!

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 12:19 AM

Of course yes!

The knowledge can come only from the team, so it would be just the exact thing I was proposing to if many people edit and renew this topic.

#11 MarijnS95

MarijnS95

Raytrace-em-all

• Senior Moderator
  • 3,597 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 01:17 AM

Of course yes!
The knowledge can come only from the team, so it would be just the exact thing I was proposing to if many people edit and renew this topic.

I'd do it like people can put other answers here, and if we find them important enough we can put them in the main post for easy accessibility. And if we find much asked questions elsewhere we'd add them too :)
Create and send log
    .mdmp
    _CommonRedist
    Media
    User
    Media.zip
    Shaders.zip
    SpinTires.exe
    steam_api.dll
    steam_appid.txt
    and
    TexturesCache.zip
    , delete these too.
  3. Go into the
    Media
    videos
    folder.
    %appdata%
Create DxDiag
    dxdiag

#12 bigboyzback

bigboyzback

• Experienced Member
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationFLA

Posted 12 January 2015 - 05:44 AM

there should be an area for beginners like myself to get answers to the comon issues ands questions that come up for new users such as myself...like why cant you use more than one MOD per map and info as to why you cant use all mods in all maps..there should be a newby area for help with the more common questions that us newbies are asking over and over again ..so answering the same question over and over again does have to become an issue as it was stated..

lover of spintires...

#13 MarijnS95

MarijnS95

Raytrace-em-all

• Senior Moderator
  • 3,597 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 10:34 PM

I fixed up the BBcode. Hope you like it. It gave quite some errors because of redundant tags (size=3 tags, because this is the default size, and color=#000000, this is the default black color).
Create and send log
    .mdmp
    _CommonRedist
    Media
    User
    Media.zip
    Shaders.zip
    SpinTires.exe
    steam_api.dll
    steam_appid.txt
    and
    TexturesCache.zip
    , delete these too.
  3. Go into the
    Media
    videos
    folder.
    %appdata%
Create DxDiag
    dxdiag

#14 josh0010

josh0010

• Experienced Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 12:52 AM

how do i get rid of squares on the tiers and the body. and the dodge ram mod is all matte finish and cant see thru the windows???? someone please  help lol ever since the new update this has been happening with every mod besides the 66 chevy truck

#15 MarijnS95

MarijnS95

Raytrace-em-all

• Senior Moderator
  • 3,597 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 12:59 AM

how do i get rid of squares on the tiers and the body. and the dodge ram mod is all matte finish and cant see thru the windows???? someone please  help lol ever since the new update this has been happening with every mod besides the 66 chevy truck

Have you taken a look at point 4?

Create and send log
    .mdmp
    _CommonRedist
    Media
    User
    Media.zip
    Shaders.zip
    SpinTires.exe
    steam_api.dll
    steam_appid.txt
    and
    TexturesCache.zip
    , delete these too.
  3. Go into the
    Media
    videos
    folder.
    %appdata%
Create DxDiag
    dxdiag

#16 Mopar R/T Man

Mopar R/T Man

Mopar-R/T-Man

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 02 February 2015 - 11:39 PM

Hey guys I have a small problem, I have been installing modded trucks in my game with no problems. Then I decided to play with stock trucks so I uninstall Spintires, and reinstall. And I deleted my leftover truck files and such. I then reinstalled the game new and now my Media folder is compressed and won't let me drag and drop new files into it. What happened, I know it's gotta be something simple. I am somewhat a noob with computers, but everything was working fine til I reinstalled. Thanks in advance!

#17 PressureLine

PressureLine

Hot, sticky and sweet.

• Community Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,609 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 04:24 AM

Don't use the media ZIP, use the media folder.

• Mopar R/T Man likes this
"Air fresheners do not replace good hygiene practices."

#18 Mopar R/T Man

Mopar R/T Man

Mopar-R/T-Man

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 03 February 2015 - 03:18 PM

Thanks PressureLine! I feel like an idiot now.

#19 Belly

Belly

• Experienced Member
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 07 February 2015 - 12:05 AM

-snip-

Edited by Belly, 14 February 2015 - 03:32 PM.

76561198131059186.pngAddFriend.png

#20 Spider2430

Spider2430

• Experienced Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 02:37 PM

the only issue im having is that ive added tons of maps to the game, but they are being cut off at the top of my screen and bottom in the menu, heres a image https://drive.google...ew?usp=sharing 

my only question is there scroll mod for this?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: open

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users