Oovee will not accept mods/code etc ripped from other games or made from models with illegal/unsuitable copyright or not in accordance with licenses and/or forum rules. Any Mods will be removed and the user may be banned.
Only statements relating to Spintires that are posted here by Oovee staff are official statements from Oovee limited and Spin Tires

Photo

End Spintires ?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20 replies to this topic

#1 Rinat Ibragimov

Rinat Ibragimov

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 12:06 AM

Message from the main developer in the group http://vk.com/wall-33295160_80986

"Hello members!

Sad news ... just seemed like the development process got up, I almost finished my card and tools to develop mods (free upgrade) ... as our British from oovee with Salvage amicably gone. What infuriates even more is the fact that it took to remove my posts from the official English-language forum have now located.
Even pour update steam unfortunately I can not. So as soon as I completed yet and lay out the map editor in the way that he is, and probably will end this spintires.
In general, it is all strongly reminiscent of the film Brother 2: - /

See if I will do another game about trucks on similar technology."

Actually, I think this is the end !!! : ((( (((( ((((

Edited by Rinat Ibragimov, 17 December 2014 - 03:14 AM.

• Shyryp likes this

76561198017617435.png

#2 XxzenonxX

XxzenonxX

Grateful member of the best Off-Road Game

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 01:01 AM

I am sorry, i don't really understand ? 

76561198006624597.png

#3 Denis Hübert

Denis Hübert

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 01:01 AM

this is what i call ****. such long developement, than kickstarter crowdfunding, very long time of waiting for the final release and than this! such many fans, modmaker, ideas, potential and huge forum comunity. people were ready to buy DLCs and help developening this unique game. there is no wonder the process took such long with release and later with updates. they have delayed it as long as they could collect in the money - thats why no new employees set like investement in developement. this action was planned from the beginning. bad relations with oovee now. 

• ......, SKŲŁŁΘԲÐЗѦŦH, Hertzroad and 1 other like this

#4 SID

SID

SID PERFORMANCE OFF ROAD

• Experienced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,204 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 17 December 2014 - 02:49 AM

Very sad news!

SID PERFORMANCE OFF ROAD

https://www.youtube....kJWFTGyBm2zERrg

#5 SKŲŁŁΘԲÐЗѦŦH

SKŲŁŁΘԲÐЗѦŦH

Death approaches us.

• Tester
  • PipPipPip
  • 732 posts
  • LocationTipton, IN

Posted 17 December 2014 - 02:50 AM

so, oovee is this true? you're stopping the development for spintires? after we made you a crap ton of money from the kickstarter and the launch of the game? im not trying to be rude or harsh i would just like some answers about this topic now.

• BRABUS V-12 Bi-Turbo, Mizo, Pravus_Obzen and 7 others like this
SKŲŁŁΘԲÐЗѦŦH - Fellow MetalHead
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Released vehicles
1999 dodge ram 1500 converted to legacy version thanks to Rav3n and Hein
http://spintires.nl/...1999-dodge-ram/

F350MT 1.0.0
http://www.oovee.co....861-sod-f350mt/
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted Image

#6 Corey420

Corey420

Former roller for Doobie Brothers

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 02:57 AM

I see a lockdown for this thread coming VERY soon. :D...nobodys home lets party!!!! Lock those threads!

2c9cb67.jpg

Top-gear-rolls-royce-in-swimming-pool-ca

Edited by thip1, 23 December 2014 - 04:34 AM.

• TravelinHero and ..... like this

#7 Bad1

Bad1

• Experienced Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 03:53 AM

This is a more english-friendly interpretation. The main idea is that Pavel was about to complete his latest update including features that allow further game improvements such as mods, maps and missions, when it turned out that the oovee guys double-crossed him keeping all the sales money and breaking contacts. So the game will no longer be updated because the side responsible for uploading updates to.steam is oovee. I hope this is all a big misunderstanding and oovee will make an effort to save its face. Otherwise...well...God'll fix you! Or Russian army.
  • ......, Hertzroad and lamobot like this

#8 Rinat Ibragimov

Rinat Ibragimov

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 04:38 AM

In skype Paul confirmed that the information is true.

• Shyryp likes this

76561198017617435.png

#9 .....

Veteran Member

• Experienced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 05:02 AM

:(

Edited by Tattoo, 17 December 2014 - 05:18 AM.

#10 Flanna

Flanna

FFF - Forum Fire Fighter

• Senior Moderator
  • 933 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 December 2014 - 05:44 AM

Heard differently from Oovee. I try to get an official answer from Oovee today. Until then it's just rumoring and therefore this topic is locked until I got an official answer.

• Hein, SKŲŁŁΘԲÐЗѦŦH, krisjay and 3 others like this
Never trust a smiling moderator...
post-1-0-63234200-1400242015.png

#11 Flanna

Flanna

FFF - Forum Fire Fighter

• Senior Moderator
  • 933 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 December 2014 - 06:39 AM

Update: Hein and me informed Oovee using two separate channels about this topic with request for some interaction. 

• Pravus_Obzen, krisjay, Corey420 and 2 others like this
Never trust a smiling moderator...
post-1-0-63234200-1400242015.png

#12 Reece Bolton - Oovee

Reece Bolton - Oovee

Studio Manager

• Administrators
  • 582 posts
  • LocationNorfolk, United Kingdom

Posted 17 December 2014 - 07:36 PM   Best Answer

Good evening,

It is sad to see such negativity being posted and also seeing a lot of either misguided information or a lot of false information.

Pavel is bound by contract - as is Oovee. Oovee has paid Pavel all of what we are contracted to pay and is in no way being 'double-crossed'. Although I am not at liberty to share contents of contracts and/or payment details - I would like to calm concerns of breach of contract - there have been no breaches of contract by either parties. We are hoping that development can soon pick up, with talks soon to be had about the expansion of the development team to allow for faster develoment and a larger development outlook.

Unfortunately there have been some communication issues recently which appear to have lead to this post being made by Pavel on the Russian forum. Oovee has not been notified of any contract terminations or anything of that matter - a discussion will be held on the subject to rectify any misunderstandings. The issue that remains will not disappear on its own and must be resolved promptly.

On the matter of updates - upon receipt of each update, it is uploaded to the beta channel on Steam for public access. No updates are with held without justifiable reason i.e. It would break the game or cause the game to crash.
There is plenty in planning and being worked on to look forward to - as Oovee owns the rights to Spintires, we have no plans of our own to halt and/or cease to develop the game further.

Oovee would like to apologise that this situation has caused such a negative unsettlement and hope to resolve the underlying problem as soon as possible.

Any further information, if and when necessary, will be posted by Oovee as an official statement. Only information posted by Oovee on the forum is with Oovee's approval - anywhere else that may contain information is not.

I would like to thank those of the community that have kept a level head and have awaited a reply from us. While speculation will always happen - please refrain from any negativity either towards Oovee or Pavel.
  • Tony Fellas - Oovee, Flanna, BRABUS V-12 Bi-Turbo and 22 others like this

Reece Bolton

Studio Manager / Spintires™ Producer - Oovee® Game Studios

Twitter @OVproducer

Template_400-80.png

#13 Tampa

Tampa

• VIP Backer
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 03:15 AM

I will be honest, I would not have been surprised with problems arising with the development of SpinTires. As someone who has been following the game since the initial concept way back, when was it 2007 or something can't remember, I was already getting used to the game being shuffled around. After all this is the fourth attempt to make something out of it and frankly one of the best so far.

I was initially hoping for a much more speedy development process and an emphasize to bring the UI and other parts up to standard from the 2011 release. Back then the game was no bestseller, which is most likely due to doing too many things differently at once, UI, camera, ... After the kickstarter I realized the game would require some more time. I am still not sure if the current direction is something I would agree with, maybe not radical enough in trying to mainstream it, but then I don't make games for a living. I would still love to see more people working on the project.

All I am trying to say is, that it seems to me as that the game and its current developers still haven't quite got the direction set in stone, but I have come to terms with that and am willing to give them the time they need to sort things out. This of course includes problems with staff, licensing and the like, which often can be quite time consuming to deal with.

• Mizo, King_the_modder, Hein and 2 others like this

#14 Jim McMaster

Jim McMaster

Bronco Jim

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 22 December 2014 - 09:48 PM

The last eight months has been a debacle. 

Without the modding crew that exists almost solely on this forum;        (Most of whom have abandoned the game due to broken editor-map maker time frames or their work being pirated)

Spintires development would have been as flat as an open soda after a trip across the Hills map.    (That being said, my thanks to all of you, your mods make the game what it should have been.)

Combine that with 'borderline' (and often not-so-much) passive-aggressive behavior on their official forums & you have a dead game. 

Unfortunate, as I wasn't done. 

- End of Line

• SinMike, Corey420 and mendel like this

#15 Triple88a

Triple88a

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 03:43 AM

it's disgusting how a company can do this.  So where do we stand?  Sorry folks you paid 30 bucks per person for our retirement?

These are internal affairs and should have remainded such. 

Edited by Triple88a, 28 December 2014 - 03:44 AM.

#16 Tampa

Tampa

• VIP Backer
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 05:50 PM

Now you are over-reacting quite a bit. These are still only rumors and nothing has been confirmed yet. At this point I still think someone is translating something with interpreting a bit much into it.

Though I have to agree it would be nice to see a proper roadmap for the upcoming year as the game desperately needs features and revamps.

Happy Holidays!

• Hein likes this

#17 Andre Smith - Oovee

Andre Smith - Oovee

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 07:49 PM

In fact the opposite is quite the truth. There has been posts by me, Zane and Reece all confirming that the game is not dead. There has been quite a  lot of personal attacks on this website and some others when people simply do not know the truth. 

They always say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing. But i always feel no knowledge is a lot worse.

Back here in the UK the team have moved into a dedicated office and are looking forward to working on this game and bringing it to where it needs to be. This is something that sadly could not happen right away due to the commitment to each one of you who bought the game or supported them on kick starter.

On every project there will be internal issues and its a shame in this instance some of them issues have been escalated onto the public forum and evenmore so escalated in translation.

Oovee continues (as it has for the last 7 years) to be committed to spintires and the concept behind it. It is undoubtedly what it is thanks to each of your input although sometimes as is natural i would be unable to agree with all of your views.

Sadly for everyone this has come at  time where a lot of people are on work or study holidays due to the festive period. This also puts a large pressure on the team both in the UK and overseas as they too have families (believe it or not) and have been unable to dedicate as much time as they would like to the game but in the new year both Reece and Zane will be moving forward with the game with the support of the development team. 

With the above in mind and notwithstanding any speculation which is without merit i would appreciate these threads are now ceased as they really do not serve any purpose other than to spread more fake rumours.

• Flanna, King_the_modder, Hein and 5 others like this

#18 Andre Smith - Oovee

Andre Smith - Oovee

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 07:58 PM

AUTOMATED MESSAGE: This topic is being observed by a member of the administration staff.

#19 Sandmansa

Sandmansa

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 378 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia PA

Posted 29 December 2014 - 01:33 AM

I hope these rumors can finally get put to bed so we can get on with business.
  • King_the_modder likes this

#20 Killomen45

Killomen45

• Experienced Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 11:36 PM

I don't think these news are true.

Wich game-developer would end support for a game without sense and losing A LOT of fans (wich can go around and say s**t on the company)?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users