Oovee will not accept mods/code etc ripped from other games or made from models with illegal/unsuitable copyright or not in accordance with licenses and/or forum rules. Any Mods will be removed and the user may be banned.
Only statements relating to Spintires that are posted here by Oovee staff are official statements from Oovee limited and Spin Tires

There is a issue with the Facebook Login. Until this is fixed you can request a password reset using the email you use to access Facebook.

Photo
dev blog

DEV250914 - Update information

dev blog

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
80 replies to this topic

#1 Reece Bolton - Oovee

Reece Bolton - Oovee

Studio Manager

• Administrators
  • 582 posts
  • LocationNorfolk, United Kingdom

Posted 25 September 2014 - 01:37 PM

Good afternoon Off-roaders,

A few days ago I mentioned in a topic on the forum that I would be providing you all with information and details of the next update.

So to begin with, I would like to thank you all for your patience and understanding - a company of our size cannot work as quickly as a lot of the larger companies. But let us not dwell on what hasn't happened, let us focus on what is to come. With the previous Dev Blog post outlining the basic overall plan of what is to be done, below I will provide you with the list of what we can see in the up and coming update.

This will be the first large update - the list reflects the workload that can be handled at a time and also allows for a shorter development time.

Bug Description

-  Rocks bounce

-  Trucks fly through air when connecting winch

-  Supports can get stuck under ground

-  Manually loaded logs bug 

-  MP Map not synced after disconnect and rejoin

-  When in MP lobby, buttons become greyed out when too many players join and leave

-  Unknown floating bug in MP

-  Remaining texture issues

-  Remaining terrain issues

-  Not all MP sessions show in lobby

Improvement Description

Core

ADD  -  HUD removal option for taking screenshots
    TWEAK  -  Increase water depth allowance when vehicle has Snorkel (UAZ)
    ADD  -  Single map saves
    TWEAK  -  Controller inputs need to be Anolog instead of Digital (throttle/brake)
    ADD  -  Freeroam camera
    ADD  -  Mod support
    TWEAK  -  Increase draw distance for high graphics settings

Multiplayer

ADD  -  Option to re-join last server
    TWEAK  -  Chat box: Allow scrollability and toggle.
    ADD  -  Show 'In Progress...' Games
    ADD  -  Last truck used

Estimated Launch date: 22/10/2014
*The date shown is an estimation based on a primary analysis of the contents of the update. The date above is subject to change - upon work reaching development targets, if necessary, the date will be changed to reflect progress and circumstances at that time. 

We would like to apologise for the delay, however, we are now back on track and able to bring you updates and more to the game in the future.

Happy trucking!

• Cristinel, Lukáš Janda, Mizo and 30 others like this

Reece Bolton

Studio Manager / Spintires™ Producer - Oovee® Game Studios

Twitter @OVproducer

Template_400-80.png

#2 sevin

sevin

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 02:00 PM

Excellent, glad to have some info. Maybe just me, but I'm especially excited for the HUD removal option and freeroam camera, finally an opportunity for some quality pictures!

• Sorcerer and FakeHamburger like this

#3 gerd

gerd

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 02:01 PM

Hello Reece, thanks for the Info (nice update list) ☺

a question: i read Oovee is plan to release a map creation tool for Spintires, to you
have a timeline (ca. date) for that tool?

Regards
Gerd

#4 MultiGamerClub

MultiGamerClub

Long time since i was here..

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 25 September 2014 - 02:05 PM

CANT WAIT!!

#5 StandingCow

StandingCow

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 02:13 PM

Awesome!  Looking forward to the update!

#6 Lucas McCain

Lucas McCain

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 25 September 2014 - 04:12 PM

Thanks for the update Reece! Sounds like some good stuff coming our way. Looking forward to it.

One question:

"ADD  -  Show 'In Progress...' Games"

Does this mean that we will be able to join games that are already in progress? I think that would be cool. I wouldn't mind joining games in progress, and it would certainly be nice for when people leave partway through the game. That way we could get reinforcements! 

Thanks again, and keep up the good work. There are a lot of us that really appreciate it. 

#7 Ben Dale

Ben Dale

• VIP Backer
  • 115 posts
  • LocationNorth Yorkshire, uk

Posted 25 September 2014 - 04:15 PM

Sounds good. .... :)

All much needed and long awaited!

(On a negative note.. was hoping for something more to re-interst the friends who purchased the game awaiting major changes.....)

poor mans gaming pc

I7 860

8GB Ram

GTX 570 (overclocked to the max)

#8 The Suicidal Korean

The Suicidal Korean

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 04:28 PM

So wheel support is not in this update :(

#9 Banger705

Banger705

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Locationengland

Posted 25 September 2014 - 06:28 PM

thanks reece-Oovee, yes i have notice a few bouncing rocks on hill map(currently one i doing). it not a nice feeling seeing bounce rocks come back on top of you.

thanks for the updates info'

Edited by Banger705, 25 September 2014 - 06:28 PM.

#10 Reece Bolton - Oovee

Reece Bolton - Oovee

Studio Manager

• Administrators
  • 582 posts
  • LocationNorfolk, United Kingdom

Posted 25 September 2014 - 06:46 PM

a question: i read Oovee is plan to release a map creation tool for Spintires, to you
have a timeline (ca. date) for that tool?

News on that will come at a later date, we are not happy with the current state of them so would like to polish the tools a bit more before we decide whether to release them to the public.

One question:

"ADD  -  Show 'In Progress...' Games"

Does this mean that we will be able to join games that are already in progress? I think that would be cool. I wouldn't mind joining games in progress, and it would certainly be nice for when people leave partway through the game. That way we could get reinforcements! 

This does mean that you will be able to join sessions in progress - this allows players to be able to complete games knowing that if anyone drops out, that the places can be filled again without need for invite or restart.

(On a negative note.. was hoping for something more to re-interst the friends who purchased the game awaiting major changes.....)

We are going to cover major changes/improvements in due course - we would like to focus on this update and possibly another before we start going big. I find it is better to cover the small things first, otherwise they come back to haunt you ;)

So wheel support is not in this update :(

This is planned for a later update - this particular implementation will take time.

• Ben Dale, Sorcerer, xXeNeXx and 2 others like this

Reece Bolton

Studio Manager / Spintires™ Producer - Oovee® Game Studios

Twitter @OVproducer

Template_400-80.png

#11 Sorcerer

Sorcerer

Scared Bridge Guy

• Experienced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 25 September 2014 - 06:56 PM

New update soon!

nod-of-approval.gif

• Ben Dale and xXeNeXx like this

that looks stupid and now i must ***** no longer

Lol at the new censor making the quote seem worse than it is
Avatar is from the movie Sorcerer 1977

#12 BelgarionNL

BelgarionNL

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 08:13 PM

unfortunately nothing that will re-interest me or my friends!

the 1 thing I would have liked was synchronized mud tracks for MP obviously!

However:

Bug Description

-  Rocks bounce   <-- minor issue, nice that it is fixed but so far I havent heard anyone who cares.

-  Trucks fly through air when connecting winch <-- happened to me twice in over 60 hours of playing, again nice that its fixed. but not important

-  Supports can get stuck under ground <-- never seen this happen.

-  Manually loaded logs bug <-- no bugs noticed (AND I think this does not include MP sync so other people can actually see it too...)

-  MP Map not synced after disconnect and rejoin <-- didn't notice, then again We rarely disconnect while playing the game. (unimportant)

-  When in MP lobby, buttons become greyed out when too many players join and leave <-- annoying but again not important

-  Unknown floating bug in MP <--???

-  Remaining texture issues <-- ???

-  Remaining terrain issues <-- noticed one glitchy area

-  Not all MP sessions show in lobby <-- only play with steam friends to prevent this.

Improvement Description

Core

ADD  -  HUD removal option for taking screenshots  <-- fun but not a photographer
    TWEAK  -  Increase water depth allowance when vehicle has Snorkel (UAZ) <-- XML fix, nice one.
    ADD  -  Single map saves <-- download save game mod and no problem.
    TWEAK  -  Controller inputs need to be Anolog instead of Digital (throttle/brake) <-- playing with keyboard because of annoying camera controls.
    ADD  -  Freeroam camera <-- thats nice, kudo's
    ADD  -  Mod support <-- THIS WAS NEEDED, however plz release map tools/new maps or Me and my friends and probably most people won't even play anymore...
    TWEAK  -  Increase draw distance for high graphics settings <-- nice but with so much forest hadn't noticed

Multiplayer

ADD  -  Option to re-join last server <-- kewl, but simply have some friends and they can join through " join friends game"
    TWEAK  -  Chat box: Allow scrollability and toggle. <-- use teamspeak much more fun.
    ADD  -  Show 'In Progress...' Games <-- couldn't care less, thats not what this game is about
    ADD  -  Last truck used <-- dont understand this but probably dont need it

NEW FEATURES
 ADD - synchronized Multiplayer MUD tire tracks, rocks, other people's "INVISIBLE" trucks/trailers.
 ADD - Bigger Maps/new maps
 ADD - Map Tools,gameplay tools (for creating different objections: hauling fuel, rocks, car parts, generators whatever.)
 ADD - more gameplay objectives/types
 ADD - Hardcore mod where people can actually properly get stuck in the mud, now I pretty much never need my buddy's help because there are TREES.
 ADD - Tree physics
 TWEAK - winch cable snapping if you are too stuck
 TWEAK - ALLOW multiple winch points at the same time to create a column

We are going to cover major changes/improvements in due course - we would like to focus on this update and possibly another before we start going big. I find it is better to cover the small things first, otherwise they come back to haunt you ;)

This also does not inspire confidence because you rightfully call this a minor patch and its being released in a month so thats 4.5 months post release. A possible major release would take least twice that so thats another 10 months waiting from now! Not to mention you already talked about PAID DLC. so I am guessing the next major change/improvement will also be paid.

I cannot stress this enough; I am not trying to be rude towards the developers! its just simply feeling sad for myself that this game became rather stale. This game was a best seller on steam so you guys have the funds to rapidly expand the team and have 10 guys working there. Even recruiting some folks from the community would be an option.  Invest and expand and improve on the formula to make this game more popular than euro truck simulator!

Edited by BelgarionNL, 25 September 2014 - 08:25 PM.

• Ben Dale, Wut, mkessler9 and 6 others like this

#13 gerd

gerd

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 08:19 PM

thanks Reece for the info.

Regards
Gerd

#14 sevin

sevin

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 08:28 PM

News on that will come at a later date, we are not happy with the current state of them so would like to polish the tools a bit more before we decide whether to release them to the public.

So there is still question as to whether the map tools will be released or not? So we may not ever get them?

#15 BelgarionNL

BelgarionNL

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 08:30 PM

yes that is also what I am reading from this! whether clearly means: depending on the polished version we will or WONT release it.

#16 Lyall Phillips

Lyall Phillips

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
  • LocationIgloo

Posted 25 September 2014 - 08:51 PM

BelgarionNL
you demand too much my friend, you seem to not get the feeling that  OOVEE  has been working on this game for a long time and truly have never really stopped pushing to get their own vision of this game out to us. New maps or you wont play.....REALLY BRO?      we dont need that kind of crap around here man negativety can stay far away from SpinTires.

Map making tools were given to the KICKSTARTER  backers.....and never promiced for regular users just sayin bud.  

Question:          About the mod  support.        Now will this include multiplayer mod support or just more along the lines of steam workshop/ some sort of internal mod installer in Spintires?

Looking forward to seeing where you take us players before you start releasing  PAYED  dlc.        And Reece i know how excited you are for the wheel support so  aint even going to poke fun at that yet maybe in a few months ill poke some fun if its not around yet :P 

• dominiczeth, nicossalonso, Sorcerer and 1 other like this

#17 BelgarionNL

BelgarionNL

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 09:01 PM

well I played it over 60 hours and all my friends in steam at most 28 hours and they already stopped playing... and thats like 8:1 who stopped playing! The group on this forum isn't overly large either! wont be long until bringing out paid dlc wont matter...

and thats the thing! I dont want that to happen but I dont see it not happening...

• mkessler9, cyzed and Triple88a like this

#18 OffRoadster

OffRoadster

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 09:06 PM

sounds like an AWESOME update!!

Check out the Spintires Wiki

#19 mkessler9

mkessler9

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 09:39 PM

well I played it over 60 hours and all my friends in steam at most 28 hours and they already stopped playing... and thats like 8:1 who stopped playing! The group on this forum isn't overly large either! wont be long until bringing out paid dlc wont matter...

and thats the thing! I dont want that to happen but I dont see it not happening...

unfortunately nothing that will re-interest me or my friends!

the 1 thing I would have liked was synchronized mud tracks for MP obviously!

However:

Bug Description

-  Rocks bounce   <-- minor issue, nice that it is fixed but so far I havent heard anyone who cares.

-  Trucks fly through air when connecting winch <-- happened to me twice in over 60 hours of playing, again nice that its fixed. but not important

-  Supports can get stuck under ground <-- never seen this happen.

-  Manually loaded logs bug <-- no bugs noticed (AND I think this does not include MP sync so other people can actually see it too...)

-  MP Map not synced after disconnect and rejoin <-- didn't notice, then again We rarely disconnect while playing the game. (unimportant)

-  When in MP lobby, buttons become greyed out when too many players join and leave <-- annoying but again not important

-  Unknown floating bug in MP <--???

-  Remaining texture issues <-- ???

-  Remaining terrain issues <-- noticed one glitchy area

-  Not all MP sessions show in lobby <-- only play with steam friends to prevent this.

Improvement Description

Core

ADD  -  HUD removal option for taking screenshots  <-- fun but not a photographer
    TWEAK  -  Increase water depth allowance when vehicle has Snorkel (UAZ) <-- XML fix, nice one.
    ADD  -  Single map saves <-- download save game mod and no problem.
    TWEAK  -  Controller inputs need to be Anolog instead of Digital (throttle/brake) <-- playing with keyboard because of annoying camera controls.
    ADD  -  Freeroam camera <-- thats nice, kudo's
    ADD  -  Mod support <-- THIS WAS NEEDED, however plz release map tools/new maps or Me and my friends and probably most people won't even play anymore...
    TWEAK  -  Increase draw distance for high graphics settings <-- nice but with so much forest hadn't noticed

Multiplayer

ADD  -  Option to re-join last server <-- kewl, but simply have some friends and they can join through " join friends game"
    TWEAK  -  Chat box: Allow scrollability and toggle. <-- use teamspeak much more fun.
    ADD  -  Show 'In Progress...' Games <-- couldn't care less, thats not what this game is about
    ADD  -  Last truck used <-- dont understand this but probably dont need it

NEW FEATURES
 ADD - synchronized Multiplayer MUD tire tracks, rocks, other people's "INVISIBLE" trucks/trailers.
 ADD - Bigger Maps/new maps
 ADD - Map Tools,gameplay tools (for creating different objections: hauling fuel, rocks, car parts, generators whatever.)
 ADD - more gameplay objectives/types
 ADD - Hardcore mod where people can actually properly get stuck in the mud, now I pretty much never need my buddy's help because there are TREES.
 ADD - Tree physics
 TWEAK - winch cable snapping if you are too stuck
 TWEAK - ALLOW multiple winch points at the same time to create a column

This also does not inspire confidence because you rightfully call this a minor patch and its being released in a month so thats 4.5 months post release. A possible major release would take least twice that so thats another 10 months waiting from now! Not to mention you already talked about PAID DLC. so I am guessing the next major change/improvement will also be paid.

I cannot stress this enough; I am not trying to be rude towards the developers! its just simply feeling sad for myself that this game became rather stale. This game was a best seller on steam so you guys have the funds to rapidly expand the team and have 10 guys working there. Even recruiting some folks from the community would be an option.  Invest and expand and improve on the formula to make this game more popular than euro truck simulator!

I agree. When I saw the post about the update I got a little excited. But then I saw that it's not for another MONTH. So many people are loosing interest and hope... I know their a small team, but they definitely have the room to expand their team(financially), at least I wouldn't know why the wouldn't. Record sales in the steam store, and they have probably had offers of investments into their company.

Edited by mkessler9, 25 September 2014 - 09:45 PM.

• Wut and cyzed like this

#20 SKŲŁŁΘԲÐЗѦŦH

SKŲŁŁΘԲÐЗѦŦH

Death approaches us.

• Tester
  • PipPipPip
  • 887 posts
  • LocationTipton, IN

Posted 26 September 2014 - 12:26 AM

holy sugar T!T$ reece this is what me and everyone else has been waiting for thank you for the good news hope you guys are gonna be able to get it out on the day you want it out, good luck to you and the staff. hope im not asking to much but any news on the combine tools?

Edited by SKULL0FD3ATH, 26 September 2014 - 12:28 AM.

• Blackwater_CA likes this
SKŲŁŁΘԲÐЗѦŦH - Fellow MetalHead
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Released vehicles
1999 dodge ram 1500 converted to legacy version thanks to Rav3n and Hein
http://spintires.nl/...1999-dodge-ram/

F350MT 1.0.0
http://www.oovee.co....861-sod-f350mt/
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dev blog

0 user(s) are reading this topic