Oovee will not accept mods/code etc ripped from other games or made from models with illegal/unsuitable copyright or not in accordance with licenses and/or forum rules. Any Mods will be removed and the user may be banned.
Only statements relating to Spintires that are posted here by Oovee staff are official statements from Oovee limited and Spin Tires

There is a issue with the Facebook Login. Until this is fixed you can request a password reset using the email you use to access Facebook.

Photo

How to "Tweak" a vehicle [under construction]

• Please log in to reply
114 replies to this topic

#101 DrGoNzO1489

DrGoNzO1489

Advanced Member

• Experienced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 906 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 11:31 AM

I would make sure all the code is up to the current version there is a mod updater you can try, I've found that fixes problems quite often. If that doesn't work you can pm me, i would suggest you getting on Google hangouts so I could see what your working with with the screen sharing feature. Let me know.

Edited by DrGoNzO1489, 11 September 2015 - 11:35 AM.

It'll fit, just force it...... 

#102 Boolin

Boolin

• Experienced Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 December 2015 - 02:02 AM

First off thank you guys for posting up all this info, the wheel info here as well as suspension hardpoint info has been very helpful and I've started tweaking the mods I install more and more to my liking. My question is about MinLimit and MaxLimit for suspension. I understand they need to be integers and are in relation to 0(the suspension's middle point so to speak as i understand it?). However, My question is -- are there maximum values for these?

EDIT: Through trial and error I figured out getting increased travel by using a lower(into the negatives) up/down hardpoint value for suspension lift with a lower suspension strength. I am still curious if there is a maximum value for MinLimit and Maxlimit and/or what limits suspension droop. 

Another question I have is that one vehicle I have often jumps or jolts several inches into the air when shifting between 1st and Reverse gears at low speed or when stationary. Any tips on fixing this? Suspension issue? Gearing? Tire class issue?

Edited by Boolin, 30 December 2015 - 03:22 AM.

#103 CWVS

CWVS

• Experienced Member
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 April 2016 - 07:17 PM

In the </TruckData><PhysicsModel Mesh="trucks/****"> there are two instances of Mass listed  (see below, example from ZiL 130).

</TruckData>
    <PhysicsModel Mesh="trucks/zil130">
        <Body ImpactType="Truck" Mass="1800">
            <Body ImpactType="Truck" Mass="2200" ModelFrame="BoneCabin_cdt">
                <Constraint
                    AxisLocal="(1;0;0)"
                    MinLimit="-15"
                    MaxLimit="15"
                    Type="Hinge"
                >
                    <Motor Damping="16000" Spring="120000" Type="Spring" />
                </Constraint>
            </Body>
        </Body>
    </PhysicsModel>

What do these Mass values represent?  Empty and loaded weights of the truck?  If so, the values seem low.  I would like to modify my files with real world values if possible.  If anyone could shed some light on this for me it would be greatly appreciated!

Bob

#104 freeman

freeman

(╯°□°)╯ ┻━┻

• Community Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 06 April 2016 - 12:48 AM

In the </TruckData><PhysicsModel Mesh="trucks/****"> there are two instances of Mass listed (see below, example from ZiL 130).

</TruckData>
<PhysicsModel Mesh="trucks/zil130">
<Constraint
AxisLocal="(1;0;0)"
MinLimit="-15"
MaxLimit="15"
Type="Hinge"
>
</Constraint>
</Body>
</Body>
</PhysicsModel>

What do these Mass values represent? Empty and loaded weights of the truck? If so, the values seem low. I would like to modify my files with real world values if possible. If anyone could shed some light on this for me it would be greatly appreciated!

Bob

Those mass values are for the two cdt's (or bodies) on that truck. One cdt is for the chassis and the other is for the cab. There is a hinge constraint with a spring motor on the cab which allows it to move independent of the chassis. You'll notice this ingame as the cabin rocks back and forth while offroading.
Spoiler

#105 Sandmansa

Sandmansa

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 413 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia PA

Posted 06 April 2016 - 01:48 AM

This is the trucks main frame weight.  But seems to target the rear end of the frame, behind the cab.

This is the trucks cab weight.  Which is independent from the main frame weight.

<Constraint
 AxisLocal="(1;0;0)"
 MinLimit="-15"
 MaxLimit="15"
 Type="Hinge"
 >

This part of the constraint (minlimit / maxlimit) controls how far the cab can rock on the frame.  The lower the value, the less the movement.  AxisLocal controls which way the cab is allowed to sit or move on the frame.  I'm not sure which as I've never toyed with that yet.

</Constraint>

This part of the constraint controls the intensity of the cab movement.  Higher dampening will provide slower movement.   Higher spring rate will make it more rigid.

Edited by Sandmansa, 06 April 2016 - 01:49 AM.

#106 freeman

freeman

(╯°□°)╯ ┻━┻

• Community Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 06 April 2016 - 02:33 AM

Spoiler
AxisLocal controls which way the cab is allowed to sit or move on the frame. I'm not sure which as I've never toyed with that yet.
Spoiler

x-axis is front (+) to back (-),
y-axis is top (+) to bottom (-), and
z-axis is left (+) to right (-).

In this example, however, it's a hinge across the x-axis so the cab will pivot left and right.
Spoiler

#107 CWVS

CWVS

• Experienced Member
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 April 2016 - 06:12 PM

Got it! Thanks!  I guess I need to do some more research to figure proper values, as the ones provided seem a bit arbitrary.

Bob

I am trying a split of the total weight of the vehicle, 40% in the cab and 60% to the frame.  So far it seems to be working well.

Edited by CWVS, 06 April 2016 - 11:26 PM.

#108 CWVS

CWVS

• Experienced Member
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 08:14 PM

After realizing that the beds add weight independent of the chassis, I did some more research, and adjusted mass values accordingly.  I am now using a 60% cab to 40% frame ratio, obtaining values of the tractor chassis minus the fifth wheel.  Then after adjusting the values of the various attachments, more testing is underway.  So far I like what I see.  The trucks will struggle some with a load, but are manageable unless driven carelessly.  I am also adjusting the load points down to require more trips to complete objectives.

Bob

#109 Sandmansa

Sandmansa

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 413 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia PA

Posted 08 April 2016 - 03:34 AM

Also, you could use "CenterOfMassOffset" to help balance the weight of the truck.  It can be used on anything actually.  Cab, frame, addons and trailers.

Example:

<Body CenterOfMassOffset="(-0.2; -0.2; 0)" ImpactType="Truck" Mass="4500" >

This has a similar axis positioning as freeman had mentioned above.  It doesn't actually move anything visible but you will notice a shift in weight. 

#110 CWVS

CWVS

• Experienced Member
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 April 2016 - 04:27 PM

After reviewing the data that I have been able to find, I have found that the ratio of weight front to rear runs approximately 49% front and 51% rear.  More testing in progress!

Bob

#111 curi0

curi0

• Experienced Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 07:35 PM

How to add the All-Wheel Drive feature to a vehicle?

Edit: Nvm, you need to set the wheel torque to "full".

Edited by curi0, 14 April 2016 - 12:03 AM.

#112 capntravis

capntravis

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 08:35 PM

very helpful info here are some of my tweaks , not made by me i just did textures and edited xmls

Spoiler

#113 Matthew babcock

Matthew babcock

• Experienced Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 12:41 PM

How would I take a light bar from one truck an apply it to another truck. With out using a 3D modeling program. Is it possible to swap code an move xml files around. The light bar is not an addon.

#114 MarijnS95

MarijnS95

Veteran Member

• Senior Moderator
  • 3,597 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 10:34 AM

How would I take a light bar from one truck an apply it to another truck. With out using a 3D modeling program. Is it possible to swap code an move xml files around. The light bar is not an addon.

If it's not an addon that means the light bar is included in the 3D model of the truck. You will need the original model file from the author (with permission obviously) and a 3D modelling program to either copy it over to the other truck (again, for which you need model files), or extract it, make it an addon and add it as possible addon to the xml of the other truck.
The people on this forum... unbelieveable.

#115 Sparky_Sct

Sparky_Sct

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationThe Best Country In The World... FREEDOM!

Posted 21 March 2017 - 11:45 PM

I having been editing the gears of a mod to try and make it faster but I can't seem to change it much, I was wondering if any of you know? I also wanted to add a 6th gear to the gearbox.

11.png2.png?attachauth=ANoY7crwM_h4cUSHISdw3Woaa.png?attachauth=ANoY7cobxxjGXOSJ-_Kg0s

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users