Oovee will not accept mods/code etc ripped from other games or made from models with illegal/unsuitable copyright or not in accordance with licenses and/or forum rules. Any Mods will be removed and the user may be banned.
Only statements relating to Spintires that are posted here by Oovee staff are official statements from Oovee limited and Spin Tires

There is a issue with the Facebook Login. Until this is fixed you can request a password reset using the email you use to access Facebook.

Photo
- - - - -

game not starting

Best Answer 8up local , 02 June 2017 - 01:56 AM

ok, i tried uninstalling then restarting PC again, but this time i got a steam update (not a spintires update and about 96kb) and then reinstalled the game. now things are working again. i do not know if there was something with steam going on or not, but how things seemed to be affected, steam looks to be the culprit i think.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 8up local

8up local

sharp as a marble

• Experienced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts
  • LocationSoIL

Posted 01 June 2017 - 01:14 PM

ok, other day i cleared my cache to start using another mod map, but it was still not loading up map textures. to try and fix the problem i uninstalled and reinstalled the game. now every time i try and start the game all i keep getting is the little grey steam windows saying "Preparing to Launch Spintires" and that is it. it just keeps repeating and popping that message up every few seconds. game will not start up and not getting any error codes. i have reinstalled the game 3 times now and still not fixed. also i have not installed any mods and just trying to run the stock game.

EDIT: i guess i should have put this in the Support section instead...

Edited by 8up local, 01 June 2017 - 05:28 PM.

Force Acceleration: Learn it, Live it, Love it.  ;)

Roads are but a mere suggestion....

8up Winchline spintires.nl

8up Winchline

#2 8up local

8up local

sharp as a marble

• Experienced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts
  • LocationSoIL

Posted 01 June 2017 - 01:33 PM

ok, i found this thread about the same issue i am having, but nothing is helping so far. even left my stuff running all night and restarted my PC. 

http://www.oovee.co....unch-spintires/

8up Winchline

#3 8up local

8up local

sharp as a marble

• Experienced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts
  • LocationSoIL

Posted 01 June 2017 - 09:12 PM

ok, so someone suggested i try and reinstall directx. i did and got an update. no idea what it was, but the game is still not launching.

8up Winchline

#4 THE_DRIFTER

THE_DRIFTER

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 11:45 PM

ok, so someone suggested i try and reinstall directx. i did and got an update. no idea what it was, but the game is still not launching.

Did you try clearing the cache?

76561197985968654.pngAddFriend.png

#5 8up local

8up local

sharp as a marble

• Experienced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts
  • LocationSoIL

Posted 01 June 2017 - 11:50 PM

Yes I did. Even say so in the original post. So far I have tried reinstalling several more times now. Also even unsubbed from all trucks in workshop, uninstalled combined tools and map editor. I am just trying to get the bare stock game to start and still the same results. Preparing to launch spintires window just repeatedly popping up every few seconds.

Edited by 8up local, 01 June 2017 - 11:52 PM.

8up Winchline

#6 8up local

8up local

sharp as a marble

• Experienced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts
  • LocationSoIL

Posted 02 June 2017 - 01:56 AM   Best Answer

ok, i tried uninstalling then restarting PC again, but this time i got a steam update (not a spintires update and about 96kb) and then reinstalled the game. now things are working again. i do not know if there was something with steam going on or not, but how things seemed to be affected, steam looks to be the culprit i think.

8up Winchline

#7 THE_DRIFTER

THE_DRIFTER

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 02:44 AM

Yes I did. Even say so in the original post. So far I have tried reinstalling several more times now. Also even unsubbed from all trucks in workshop, uninstalled combined tools and map editor. I am just trying to get the bare stock game to start and still the same results. Preparing to launch spintires window just repeatedly popping up every few seconds.

Yeah, sorry about that. I saw that when I went back to the beginning after I posted.

• 8up local likes this

76561197985968654.pngAddFriend.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users