Oovee will not accept mods/code etc ripped from other games or made from models with illegal/unsuitable copyright or not in accordance with licenses and/or forum rules. Any Mods will be removed and the user may be banned.
Only statements relating to Spintires that are posted here by Oovee staff are official statements from Oovee limited and Spin Tires

There is a issue with the Facebook Login. Until this is fixed you can request a password reset using the email you use to access Facebook.

Photo

Slight dirt road error.

17 replies to this topic

#1 Digital X

Digital X

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • LocationLondon!

Posted 11 April 2017 - 07:53 PM

http://i.imgur.com/1BsNjBo.jpgWhat is causing this line? I have several dirt roads, added before onto each other. I have tried resizing, and moving several pieces but it will not solve it.

#2 Rough Rider

Rough Rider

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 08:10 PM

If you recreate it should go away

#3 Digital X

Digital X

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • LocationLondon!

Posted 11 April 2017 - 08:17 PM

Tried reload, recreate terrain and recreate visible. Don't recall it happening before. Raising and lowering the terrain didn't help either. I do have a river, very wide undernearth due to the big river and small river connecting.. is that the issue?

#4 Rough Rider

Rough Rider

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 08:36 PM

No. You don't have two dirt roads in the same grid square?

#5 Digital X

Digital X

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • LocationLondon!

Posted 11 April 2017 - 08:39 PM

Ah! I do, I'll have to reconfigure a few. it makes an S shape going over and back around a river.. blast it.

#6 Rough Rider

Rough Rider

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 08:41 PM

Yeah, I think most mappers have quit using the overlays because of the inconvenience. And the textures of them aren't very bold or fresh.. 

#7 Digital X

Digital X

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • LocationLondon!

Posted 11 April 2017 - 08:54 PM

What do you guys use instead? sorry for dragging this on, very new to map making, but determined.

#8 Rough Rider

Rough Rider

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 01:42 AM

No problem thats what we are here for. I'm glad to see someone posting. To make better maps you really need good reference maps. just a few guys who make great maps are Moeron, NTSR, DPI, Nix_909, and Smed just to name a few. Those cover good trailing map and Logging maps. If you play their maps, you'll see what they do to make things look and function good. Every map maker has their own tastes. And styles.

• 8up local likes this

#9 Digital X

Digital X

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • LocationLondon!

Posted 12 April 2017 - 01:26 PM

I see. Would it be easier to "tint" and make a path from that as opposed to overlays? then there's no chance for the "dirt road error" I posted about.

#10 Rough Rider

Rough Rider

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 05:43 PM

Most people like to use material, draw paths to work off of instead of what you said. I've never used tint. It looks weird imo.

#11 Digital X

Digital X

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • LocationLondon!

Posted 12 April 2017 - 06:58 PM

I tried material once, then went to delete it and the whole terrain was covered in grass. Daren't use that now as I'm getting somewhere. I'll give it a run on a new map so I can test things and not mess up what I've got.

#12 Schlammspringer

Schlammspringer

Advanced Member

• Community Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 666 posts
  • LocationBavaria

Posted 12 April 2017 - 07:43 PM

Sometimes that happen! :angry:

Better to delete materials dierctly in the .xml file.

You could try to use the "auto backup" to restrore to a previous "grass map".

#13 Digital X

Digital X

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • LocationLondon!

Posted 14 April 2017 - 04:51 PM

Where are these "fixed logs" please? I can only see ones that roll or flip out when they're in the ground.

Also made a new test map, I selected grass and dirt material and went to paint. But it said "cannot file prebuild/level_testmap "

I JUST made it? Is there anything I need to copy over like I did for distributions? I cannot even lay grass down so my distributions are trees and rocks and it looks bland..

Edited by Digital X, 14 April 2017 - 06:36 PM.

#14 Schlammspringer

Schlammspringer

Advanced Member

• Community Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 666 posts
  • LocationBavaria

Posted 14 April 2017 - 08:17 PM

Well, i made my static logs myself. Deleted everything out of the <PhysicsModel> section of the \classes\*.xml eccept <Body Collisions="Dynamic" />

Dunno if it's the right way, but it works ;-)

And don't forget to use another name than the original one. Otherwise you won't be able to load that logs any more! *lol*

For each material you need a separate mtrl_xyz.dds. Otherwise it will only change the "base map": mtrl_base.dds...

Edited by Schlammspringer, 14 April 2017 - 08:17 PM.

#15 RiskyWisky

RiskyWisky

loud beast

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Locationlmao

Posted 14 July 2017 - 09:35 PM

Oovee has many things they need to do to fix the editor

Risk some Wisky

76561198272280863.pngAddFriend.png

Play my maps: Blue Springs DOT Swamps 

#16 Schlammspringer

Schlammspringer

Advanced Member

• Community Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 666 posts
  • LocationBavaria

Posted 14 July 2017 - 09:52 PM

Oovee has many things they need to do to fix the editor

Haha. None of this goofy heads form OOVEE has anything to do with coding ;-)

All the work is done by their former lone-wolve-developer Pavel.

And ATM he is very busy to finish the console version of ST and then programming the successor....

So i doupt, the editor will ever be improved :(

#17 Rough Rider

Rough Rider

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 02:39 AM

Yep, there are workarounds for most of everything thankfully, Occasionally I encounter something new

#18 RiskyWisky

RiskyWisky

loud beast

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Locationlmao

Posted 18 July 2017 - 06:29 PM

Haha. None of this goofy heads form OOVEE has anything to do with coding ;-)

All the work is done by their former lone-wolve-developer Pavel.

And ATM he is very busy to finish the console version of ST and then programming the successor....

So i doupt, the editor will ever be improved :(

BTW, how will there be mods on the console? The only thing that saved ST is mods, so there has to be mods

Risk some Wisky

76561198272280863.pngAddFriend.png

Play my maps: Blue Springs DOT Swamps 

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users