Oovee will not accept mods/code etc ripped from other games or made from models with illegal/unsuitable copyright or not in accordance with licenses and/or forum rules. Any Mods will be removed and the user may be banned.
Only statements relating to Spintires that are posted here by Oovee staff are official statements from Oovee limited and Spin Tires

There is a issue with the Facebook Login. Until this is fixed you can request a password reset using the email you use to access Facebook.

Photo

SPINTIRES DEVS DEAD?

UNCONFIRMED

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Pelican

Pelican

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 27 September 2016 - 11:12 AM

There has been many small updates but there hasn't been any official word in the dev blog since April, which is a long considering they promised big things to come. In my eyes it seems like Pavel is still working on the game as there are still small updates but the lead devs have just given up and abandoned the game.

If someones knows why the last word was back in April and nothing has happened since, please share as i thoroughly enjoy this game.

#2 Hein

Hein

Make Coffee Not War

• Senior Moderator
  • 3,814 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 27 September 2016 - 11:49 AM

Pavel is the lead dev as there is only Pavel working on it. Yes the news seems to have halted almost entirely and yes I wish I could share more news but no I can't.. yet.

I know I sound like a revolving door when I say good times are coming but that is what it is.. it's just these good times are being slowed down certain elements.

This game is not dead yet. Although it does seem like its in a coma right now.
  • 8up local likes this

Do NOT pm me for support. Use the forum to post your questions etc..

When there is something to announce, Oovee will announce it.

#3 Pelican

Pelican

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 27 September 2016 - 12:14 PM

Cool, thanks for the clarification, i just find it ironic how in a lot updates they apologize for not keeping in touch with the community, delays, controversy, etc but they never seem to improve.

#4 Cyberliner

Cyberliner

the owner of the most crooked English

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 27 September 2016 - 12:41 PM

wow... I do not understand what is at stake! when i was child, any "game" was CD and you own skill to installing and debuging.

what game is best of the best? i gues, Fallout-2. Fallout-2 had the support? i didn`t find. i live in Russia and have no chances to call/write to some people and ask "game isn`t working. what i do wrong?" but game don`t become worse with it.

you are have Spintires now. does it working? yes. do you want to make this game better? do it!

we have open (so... it`s open) code, Notepad++, Photoshop, 3dsMax - you have everything to do game better!

who is Pavel? Pavel - is man, who get idea ST. he bring it to us - and we can do allother.

imagine, Pavel come to you and say "well, i`m so sorry... let`s try to explain all you wishes to me. i very interest with it. and latest i`ll come to each player and ask him same. what? when i will make a game, objectify your wishes? well, after I finish ask all players!"

#5 Mr Potato

Mr Potato

• Experienced Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 12:59 PM

you do realist cyberliner mate the games that came out on disc where fully complete now the games have sections called early access where the whole basis is for you to tell them what is wrong. thats what they want to hear, the whole point is to hear our wishes and put them in the game, the whole basis of early access

#6 Pelican

Pelican

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 27 September 2016 - 12:59 PM

wow... I do not understand what is at stake! when i was child, any "game" was CD and you own skill to installing and debuging.

what game is best of the best? i gues, Fallout-2. Fallout-2 had the support? i didn`t find. i live in Russia and have no chances to call/write to some people and ask "game isn`t working. what i do wrong?" but game don`t become worse with it.

you are have Spintires now. does it working? yes. do you want to make this game better? do it!

we have open (so... it`s open) code, Notepad++, Photoshop, 3dsMax - you have everything to do game better!

who is Pavel? Pavel - is man, who get idea ST. he bring it to us - and we can do allother.

imagine, Pavel come to you and say "well, i`m so sorry... let`s try to explain all you wishes to me. i very interest with it. and latest i`ll come to each player and ask him same. what? when i will make a game, objectify your wishes? well, after I finish ask all players!"

I totally agree with you, Pavel can't make everyone happy and implement what everyone wants which is obviously the case with every game, but that's not what i'm trying to say. All i am doing is querying on the fact that the game and its developers are inactive.

#7 woodingot

woodingot

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 287 posts
  • LocationEstonia

Posted 16 February 2017 - 05:45 PM

good times are coming

Are good times coming for pc can you say atleast that much?

Check out my workshop thread on forums at http://www.oovee.co....ngots-workshop/

IOzp93o.png

#8 AustinWii

AustinWii

Spintires Gameplay Expert

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 303 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 16 February 2017 - 07:09 PM

"Good times are coming" Yep, sure they are, we've been hearing that forever now.

• THE_DRIFTER and b00g like this

post-1-0-63234200-1400242015.png

Feel free to check out my Spintires Winching Guide at:

http://www.oovee.co....-winching-guide

#9 Sorcerer

Sorcerer

Scared Bridge Guy

• Experienced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 707 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 17 February 2017 - 02:26 AM

"Good times are coming" Yep, sure they are, we've been hearing that forever now.

If the game really was abandoned, what could Hein possibly gain from stalking the forums and occasionally reassuring everyone? And why would the other mods not call him out and say yes, the game really is dead?

• 8up local likes this

that looks stupid and now i must ***** no longer

Lol at the new censor making the quote seem worse than it is
Avatar is from the movie Sorcerer 1977

#10 THE_DRIFTER

THE_DRIFTER

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 05:58 AM

If the game really was abandoned, what could Hein possibly gain from stalking the forums and occasionally reassuring everyone? And why would the other mods not call him out and say yes, the game really is dead?

They have beat us over the head with their "NDA" for months... I have no idea what Hein could possibly gain. Maybe a good job reference. Maybe simply being hopeful. Maybe just being a nice guy. Many of us check the forum from time to time hoping for an update. It may come "someday" but at this point it is to little to late. Sadly, seeing what things show up on Steam at least, seems like so many are going for a free ride with promises for the future. It is what it is. Play something you like and forget about this. If there comes an update someday you can be sure it will be spammed all over what a great job Oovee has done and how wonderful Pavel is that we were graciously provided an update. Likely for a mere $39.95 mind you... This seems to be the norm these days at least in my opinion. Your mileage may vary. 

• Ingvers likes this

76561197985968654.pngAddFriend.png

#11 Hein

Hein

Make Coffee Not War

• Senior Moderator
  • 3,814 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 17 February 2017 - 09:25 AM

I'm done.

No i dont keep my hopes up because i get a good job reference. Im a sysadmin so i got nothing to gain by performing well on this forum. No i do not get paid to do it either. I'm am or was just trying to be a nice guy despite all the radio silence from Oovee. A radio silence that has its reasons believe it or not. 

But like i said on the first sentence. I'm done. If people start to distrust the messages i post then i'm done. 

I still enjoy playing the game on a daily basis and look forward to what is coming but as for keeping up hope here well.. i will not be doing that anymore as it is clear to me now that is not appreciated.

• 8up local likes this

Do NOT pm me for support. Use the forum to post your questions etc..

When there is something to announce, Oovee will announce it.

#12 MarijnS95

MarijnS95

Veteran Member

• Senior Moderator
  • 3,597 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 09:36 AM

Same. Our gains are... well we get to read all the negativity on this forum, and shake the Oovee-tree every once in a while, in hopes of getting some new information. Not exactly gains èh?
  • Sorcerer and 8up local like this
The people on this forum... unbelieveable.

#13 Monceras

Monceras

Wember

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts
  • LocationInside the hollow earth

Posted 17 February 2017 - 11:14 AM

For every hater out here talking, there are 10 that don't say a thing but still love the game and the moderators

In my opinion you guys keep the community alive, a lot of other mods would be running away, a long time ago...

• Hein, Sorcerer, 8up local and 4 others like this

#14 axeracing

axeracing

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 12:02 PM

There are probably thousands of us that are quietly waiting to see what happens. Don't let the impatient ones get to you. ;)

• Hein, 8up local, Glob3Troller and 2 others like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: UNCONFIRMED

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users