Oovee will not accept mods/code etc ripped from other games or made from models with illegal/unsuitable copyright or not in accordance with licenses and/or forum rules. Any Mods will be removed and the user may be banned.
Only statements relating to Spintires that are posted here by Oovee staff are official statements from Oovee limited and Spin Tires

Photo

Spintires Plus

436 replies to this topic

#421 Bajdon

Bajdon

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 10:50 PM

In the vehicle's xml, try to reduce Truck/TruckData/BackSteerSpeed, if that doesn't work try to increase Truck/TruckData/SteerResponsiveness, both should be in the 0 to 1 range, decimals allowed.

I have set the BackSteerSpeed to zero and it works like a charm... Many thanks.  :)

#422 Knowing the Truth

Knowing the Truth

• Experienced Member
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 08:19 AM

To think I shipped the timbebomb fix with all versions of ST+, but it didn't work due to a stupid typo... There, it's fixed.

This will not get an official release in the dl manager, and some options made for the newer ST version will crash in the rigged version, but I don't know which ones (the minimap seems to work).

EDIT: link removed, use official release v8 hf3 and add DefuseTimebombs="true" under or after WireframeMode=" *** "

Hello

Don't work DefuseTimebombs="true" in v8 hf3 and hf4 and v7 - ST v25.12.15 crashed :(  Work only old separate timebomb fix (without mods)

#423 Localhost

Localhost

• Community Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 09:21 PM

Reminder: some options of ST+ v8+ are not compatible with old versions of the game and will cause a crash if enabled.

#424 michalmiko1

michalmiko1

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 11:44 AM

Reminder: some options of ST+ v8+ are not compatible with old versions of the game and will cause a crash if enabled.

Hello .. I have question do you Localhost. With you program v8 can i change deformation of mud? all maps is very easy with mods and if you only off roading.. I want to make terrain more muddy or deeper. I want stuck easier then game for me will be more difficult and hard. sorry for english. best regards

#425 Localhost

Localhost

• Community Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 11:59 AM

@michalmiko1: Yes, you can do that. Just lower MaxDeformationPressure, it defines how hard the ground is.

If you are not familiar with numbers in scientific notation, know that 25e6 = 25000000 (25 followed by 6 zeroes). ST/ST+ accept both ways of writing numbers.

#426 michalmiko1

michalmiko1

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 09:27 PM

@Localhost: ok it's work and now looks better, but I have 2 problem now.. I don't understand this, when you drive through mud on 1+ gear you stuck, but when you change gear for 1 or R car without problem drive further. In real life it's opposite situation:) ... second problem is tire type in mods.... when you play with bregel toyota 80 and you drive with original tires is hard... but when you put boggers all mudbogs, hills etc is easy to drive.. I know better tires means better ride but it's not real for me...

#427 Localhost

Localhost

• Community Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 12:58 AM

@Localhost: ok it's work and now looks better, but I have 2 problem now.. I don't understand this, when you drive through mud on 1+ gear you stuck, but when you change gear for 1 or R car without problem drive further. In real life it's opposite situation:)

I don't drive through mud IRL so I can't comment on that, but lots of folk around here will tell you that going fast is the best way to get stuck.

In any event, I don't know any way to change that behavior in the game, and I won't do anything about it.

second problem is tire type in mods.... when you play with bregel toyota 80 and you drive with original tires is hard... but when you put boggers all mudbogs, hills etc is easy to drive.. I know better tires means better ride but it's not real for me...

If you have an issue with one of Bregel's mods, contact him, not me.

Most likely it's easy because he chose to make those tires like that.

PS: Spintires is NOT realistic. It looks realistic on the surface when you don't look closely. If you want to keep believing it's realistic, don't ask questions, don't think, don't try to understand, just play.

Edited by Localhost, 20 March 2017 - 01:02 AM.

#428 Sral Utan

Sral Utan

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 03:43 PM

PS: Spintires is NOT realistic. It looks realistic on the surface when you don't look closely. If you want to keep believing it's realistic, don't ask questions, don't think, don't try to understand, just play.

I am very curious what you think should be changed / added (in Spintires 2?) to make the game realistic?

#429 ChokDK

ChokDK

• Experienced Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 20 March 2017 - 04:42 PM

To be honest, the only thing I miss for real is ability to save the game when doing MP/Co-op.

Hours of games with friends waiting for this option only.

#430 Localhost

Localhost

• Community Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 05:02 PM

@Sral Utan: I'm not going to make a full list, but changing the physics engine and the developer would be a good start. That'd get rid of Havok's infamous mass dependency, and we could hope having a drivetrain+fuel consumption model that is not physically absurd.

Other than that, mud physics wrt large wheels, lack of ground pressure concept, winch cable length, difflock damage calculation, all vehicles having the same brakes, ghost axles, vehicle top speeds, "speed damage", impossibility to winch to logs, fallen trees glued to the ground...

As a joke I could also add one on trucks vaporizing black tornadoes by touching them...

#431 ian727

ian727

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 04:14 PM

3 things

When playing MP, the value for ShowLockedTrucksAtSelectionScreen must be the same for all players, otherwise funny bugs appear (wrong trucks are loaded, etc) and custom mods will not be downloaded.

There was also a bug that not even the correct map showed up, but after re-installing ST+ I was not able to reproduce that.

Also, I found a way to bypass the bug that pressing ESC will minimize your game (and when you maximize it, it will tell you that the map can't be loaded anymore): Open ST, enable "Windowed Mode", start a game, close ST, open ST, disable "windowed mode" - and suddenly the problem is gone. I started ST multiple times now and it never happened again.

#432 Localhost

Localhost

• Community Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 05:00 PM

When playing MP, the value for ShowLockedTrucksAtSelectionScreen must be the same for all players, otherwise funny bugs appear (wrong trucks are loaded, etc) and custom mods will not be downloaded.

Understood, I'll add that to the OP.

Also, I found a way to bypass the bug that pressing ESC will minimize your game (and when you maximize it, it will tell you that the map can't be loaded anymore): Open ST, enable "Windowed Mode", start a game, close ST, open ST, disable "windowed mode" - and suddenly the problem is gone. I started ST multiple times now and it never happened again.

Normally upgrading to v8 hf4 should fix the "map can't be loaded anymore" part.

The only way I found to trigger the "ESC will minimize your game" was to start game and select another application before the game's window pops up. Other than that, I tried various combinations of starting through steam, .exe file, desktop shortcut, in fullscreen or windowed, with or without external minimap, but esc never minimized my game.

Worst case scenario, if you don't use the external minimap, disabling it will likely rid you of the esc minimizing.

#433 kingpinn

kingpinn

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 23 March 2017 - 02:35 PM

I noticed when using the mini map feature, some maps appear to be too small - i.e. the image of the map is smaller than the mini map space causing the scale of the map to be off. The little lcons appear to be in the right places though. Is this caused by the xxx.dds file of the map being the wrong dimensions?

#434 Localhost

Localhost

• Community Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 03:36 PM

The minimap is scaled so as to completly fit the height or width of its window, so it's normal to have black borders on the sides of the minimap or its top & bottom.

However if you get black borders on all 4 sides, point me to a map that causes the issue and give me your MinimapWidth/MinimapHeight settings.

#435 kingpinn

kingpinn

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 23 March 2017 - 07:06 PM

Thanks for the reply.

Here is what the mini map looks like:

MGWPxe8.png

The Map link is here:

https://www.modland....v-03.03.16.html - there are more maps that this occurs with, however this is the most recent one it happens on. 

The Mini map size is 1000 x 1000 - although I have had it set to 800 x 600 and 800 x 800 and it was still the same. 

Edited by kingpinn, 23 March 2017 - 07:06 PM.

#436 Localhost

Localhost

• Community Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 08:08 PM

Better now? I'm pretty sure it's good to go, since the issue is fixed on my end but do check.

Basically for performance reasons it's best to have textures whose sizes that are powers of 2 (512,1024,2048,etc..) so when you come with a 1280x1280 image (like level_kalyga.dds) directx's default behavior is to expands it to a 2048x2048 image by adding black borders. Well, I just discovered there is an option to prevent that expansion, pretty sure it's not free in terms of performance, but also sure the cost is insignificant.

• kingpinn likes this

#437 kingpinn

kingpinn

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 23 March 2017 - 10:04 PM

Yep, all fixed.. I checked a few other maps to make sure and all is well. 

Thanks again..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users