Oovee will not accept mods/code etc ripped from other games or made from models with illegal/unsuitable copyright or not in accordance with licenses and/or forum rules. Any Mods will be removed and the user may be banned.
Only statements relating to Spintires that are posted here by Oovee staff are official statements from Oovee limited and Spin Tires

There is a issue with the Facebook Login. Until this is fixed you can request a password reset using the email you use to access Facebook.

Photo

Spintires Plus

• Please log in to reply
438 replies to this topic

#1 Localhost

Localhost

• Community Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 11:29 PM

http://www.oovee.co.uk/forum/index.php?app=downloads&module=display&section=screenshot&id=1310

File Name: Spintires Plus

File Submitter: Localhost

File Submitted: 22 Mar 2016

File Category: Other

SpintiresPlus is a collection of hacks for Spintires meant to alter some of the hardcoded elements.

WARNING: ST+ is no longer in active development, support is limited to bugfixes and compatibility with newer versions of the game (if they ever come out...).
Features:
Each feature can be individually (de)activated in SpintiresPlus_config.xml. Just open it with notepad or notepad++.
This file is also the mod's documentation.

v8 hf2:
Disengaging auto gearbox does not turn difflock ON.

v8:
-Constraints drivable outside the advanced menu
-Speed improvement (mostly on menus)
-Garage/fuel/objective/etc icons on the external minimap
-Customizable truck-trailer link strength
-New, more convenient menus for map and truck selection
-Fix for another cause of invisible cursor (experimental)

v7:
-Fix for the invisible cursor bug.
-Fix for the invisible mud bug.
-Wireframe mode
-Camera not affected by steering
-Support for turbocharger and gearbox addons
-Wheelsets that require addons
-A new minimap in its own window. WARNING: multi-monitor setup required.
-Using developper tools outside the proving grounds.
-Legacy cloak behavior
-LinkedSteering that doesn't trigger engine sound.
-Driveshafts no longer need to be along the length of the truck.
-Possibility to change the looks of cloaks on a per-map basis.

v6:
-New constraints between physical bodies (allowing creation of tracked vehicles).
-Allowing havok to handle more complex simulations.
-Using custom cardan joints.
-Hotkey to release the winch.

v5:
-Scrollable map menu. replaced by new menu in v8
-Right side camera view.
-Adjustable duration of game days.

v4:
-New menu to select what addons you start with. added to the truck menu in v8
-New, less forgiving, method to calculate difflock stress.
-Experimental support for tank-like steering. Does not mean "track support".
-Changing the max angle of the cabin camera.
-Possibility to hide steam name+pic separately from the rest of the HUD.

v3:
-Snorkel support.
-Preventing automatic cabin camera orientation when driving.
-Preventing visual representation of damage on trucks.
-Locked trucks listed at the truck selection screen.
-Hiding the HUD (ex: for vehicle showcases or machinimas).
-Locking time of day at a specific hour.

v2:
-Removing the min/max restrictions on some XML parameters.
-Possibility to adapt suspension to each wheel set.
-FOV change. (Causes UI distortion, sorry it's hopeless).
-Changing the number of load points needed to complete an objective.

v1:
-Fixes for the wheelmass bug (or rather: bugs).
-4 new wheel xml tokens, allowing to put numeric values for mass, friction and softness while keeping compatibility with players not using ST+.
-Disabling the "Game files differ from original package..." error when playing MP maps witch custom objects.
-Disabling suspension damage and speed damage (can't separate the 2).
-Disabling the depth of field feature.
-Increasing mud rendering distance (up to about 4x), and terrain LOD (a bit).
-Unlimited zooming/unzooming.
-Killing various forms of autozoom.
-Preventing the game from turning off cruise controls when you engage the auto gearbox.
-Forcefully loading logs onto a trailer even if your truck is "incorrectly positioned" (at your own risks...).
-Restoring lumber yards in hardcore mode.
-Disabling cloaks, damage, and fuel consumption.
-Replacing engine powered winches by battery powered ones.
-Changing the winching range.
-Basic plugin support if you want to write your own code patches.

Installation:
Unzip d3d9.dll, AntTweakBar.dll, SpintiresPlus_config.xml, and SpintiresPlusResources in the directory that contains Spintires.exe
Then TWEAK THE CONFIG FILE.

Download link:
https://www.mediafir...e3ah2/Spintires
The version on mediafire will always be the most up to date. The one on Oovee's servers may or may not trail a bit behind.
Source code is also available on mediafire.

FAQ:
Q-Does it work in multiplayer?
A-I don't play in MP so I don't know for sure, but multiple comments say it works.
BruteTerror reported that the AllowCustomObjectsInMP option works for real MP sessions (game version 03.03.16).
Krupnoklipac reported having the truck spawn menu open when the host disconnects crashes the game.

Q-Do all players need to have it in multiplayer?
A-According to the comments, for most features no. However:

When playing MP, the value for ShowLockedTrucksAtSelectionScreen must be the same for all players, otherwise funny bugs appear (wrong trucks are loaded, etc) and custom mods will not be downloaded.

Q-Does it work with the editor?
A-DebugMode,SuspensionFix,TireDeformationFix,UnpresetWheels, SupportAdditionalConstraints, and UnclampedXML features work with the editor.
You will have to disable all other features or it will crash.
The installation process is the same as for playing, but in the editor's folder.

Q-Does it work with the legacy version?
A-I don't know. This mod doesn't officially support Legacy ST, however some options might still work.

Q-Does it work with the mail.ru version
A-I do not have the mail.ru variant, and I'm not going to buy the game twice, so I do not know.
In theory some options should work (dunno which), and some most likely don't, like those related to steam or multiplayer.

Q-AntTweakBar?? Do you install a toolbar in my browser?
A-No, not every "bar" in the world is a browser toolbar. AntTweakBar is the menu manager to handle the startup addon selection menu. For more info consult: http://anttweakbar.s...eforge.net/doc/

Q(?)-HELP IT CRASHES !!
A-Disable all features, then enable them one by one (you need to restart the game between each try) and report what feature(s) cause a crash. Then play without it/them until the next ST+ update.

Q-What if my problem isn't listed here?
A-Please post about it in the "support thread" and not in the review section.

Legal stuff:
This mod, its source code, and the plugin's source are distributed under MIT license terms.
That almost means: do what you want with them but don't hold me responsible if anything goes wrong.

SpintiresPlus uses on a modified version of AntTweakBar obtained under zlib license.

Click here to download this file

• stetson, Bajdon, SPUN and 14 others like this

#2 lamobot

lamobot

Twea-curious!

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 02:13 AM

That's truly awesome ,dude!

• SKŲŁŁΘԲÐЗѦŦH and team ford like this

::censored::

#3 SAXALIN

SAXALIN

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 07:01 AM

interesting thing...

UPD:  I try to apply the values of Friction = "2.0" but the game says that it does not work ...

11:54 _ Аnd even whether it is possible to make the game function FOV (Field Of View)?

12:36 _ Add a function to completely disable HUD :)

Edited by Vugar Ismailov, 23 March 2016 - 08:36 AM.

#4 Localhost

Localhost

• Community Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 10:37 AM

@Vugar Ismailov: To input numeric values for friction you should use the new Friction_Numeric token because using Friction = number would break compatibility with users not using ST+.

Example wheel:

<TruckWheel
	Friction="Offroad"
	Friction_Numeric="2.0"
	SubstanceFriction_Numeric="0.1"

Mass="Superheavy"
	Mass_Numeric="75"

Softness="Average"
	Softness_Numeric="1"

Mesh="wheels/kraz_front"
	Radius="0.6"
	Tracks="offroad"
	Width="0.52"
/>

Fully disabling the HUD would mean hiding the gearbox too, so no.

FOV change: will see if possible, no promises. I take it Spintires looks like crap on wide screens, right?

• SAXALIN likes this

#5 kingpinn

kingpinn

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 23 March 2016 - 10:56 AM

amazing, thank you.

#6 SAXALIN

SAXALIN

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 12:42 PM

@Vugar Ismailov: To input numeric values for friction you should use the new Friction_Numeric token because using Friction = number would break compatibility with users not using ST+.

Thanks ^_^

#7 hydrowasul

hydrowasul

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 10:41 PM

this is just great... you the real mvp

#8 Schlammspringer

Schlammspringer

Advanced Member

• Community Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 630 posts
  • LocationBavaria

Posted 23 March 2016 - 10:59 PM

Awesome!

But i think, we'll get a new update very soon now, that will prevent this great tweak from working again ;-)

Edited by Schlammspringer, 23 March 2016 - 11:00 PM.

#9 Localhost

Localhost

• Community Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 11:18 PM

@Schlammspringer: some features may break, but they are not guaranteed to. For example NoDamage works on (at least) all versions since march 2015.

On a side note, next version will have AngVel uncapped, as well as (afaik) anything that could give a "Clamping node XXX value YYY (min/max is ZZZ)" error.

#10 AlexP

AlexP

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 March 2016 - 10:32 AM

OK, now again for a noob like me:

I downloaded the Spintires+ config file and dll. When i start spintires all the features that say "true" are working, like winch working even if motor is not on..and so on.

But where the hell can i manually change the tire friction? Do i have the download something else (Spintires plus Source????) or even create a "token" or what?????

I just don't know in which files i can type the numbers....

Sorry for maybe stupid question but just can't find it an i would LOVE to change the tire friction?
Please help me out with that guys ;)

Thx

#11 hydrowasul

hydrowasul

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 01:33 PM

OK, now again for a noob like me:

I downloaded the Spintires+ config file and dll. When i start spintires all the features that say "true" are working, like winch working even if motor is not on..and so on.

But where the hell can i manually change the tire friction? Do i have the download something else (Spintires plus Source????) or even create a "token" or what?????

I just don't know in which files i can type the numbers....

Sorry for maybe stupid question but just can't find it an i would LOVE to change the tire friction?
Please help me out with that guys ;)

Thx

you'd have to do that in every specific mods' /classes/wheels XML

#12 AlexP

AlexP

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 March 2016 - 01:35 PM

ok, i see.

But where do i find these folders now, because i got all my mods from the steam workshop as download.

Or does this only work with manual installed downloads?

#13 kunkka

kunkka

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 03:00 PM

Amazing... The wrongest thing I have found is that the game sinks trucks based on tire width, not in pressure...

I dont understand very well the parameter, though. Will 25 MPa be for all terrains? Is this a more or less "real life" value?

Could anyone explain me what is IncreaseTerrainLOD and ShifterReleaseFix? I dont understand the explanations on the file.

Edited by kunkka, 24 March 2016 - 03:27 PM.

#14 SAXALIN

SAXALIN

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 03:30 PM

Make fix to when mounting the winch to the car to another car will not start and dragged

#15 Localhost

Localhost

• Community Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 05:12 PM

I dont understand very well the parameter, though. Will 25 MPa be for all terrains? Is this a more or less "real life" value?

If you apply less than MaxDeformationPressure, then no deformation is applied, no matter the terrain.

If you apply more than MaxDeformationPressure, then 255*GroundPressure/MaxDeformationPressure (result clamped at 255) is given the base game's deformation calculator, which will take terrain type into account to dig (or not) into the ground.

Midway through the development I gave up on making max pressure based on real-life, because it's terrain independent and terrain type is taken into account at a later stage.

Could anyone explain me what is IncreaseTerrainLOD and ShifterReleaseFix?

LOD=Level of Detail in video games. IncreaseTerrainLOD means more beautiful landscape at longer distances.

As for ShifterReleaseFix, if you grab the gearbox handle with your mouse in the base game and engage the automatic mode (top-right position), the game will automatically release the handle and you have to re-click it or press R to shift again. ShifterReleaseFix prevents all that.

@Vugar Ismailov: I'm not sure I understand what you mean. If you mean "make the winch in 'pull' mode by default instead of 'accel' mode" then no, just click yourself on 'accel'.

#16 kingpinn

kingpinn

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 24 March 2016 - 05:37 PM

Thanks again for creating this piece of wizardry. 

I am currently using SweetFX, does anyone know if there is there any way of running the 2 side by side?

I've had a hunt around to see how and I did see Hoanns has posted on the download page, however can't seem to locate an answer.

#17 Localhost

Localhost

• Community Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 05:51 PM

@kingpinn: Had someone else with that problem. Turns out if you upgrade sweetFX to the latest version, apparently called reshade, you can add reshade32.dll as an ST+ plugin (the LoadDll feature) and it works.

• kingpinn likes this

#18 kingpinn

kingpinn

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 24 March 2016 - 05:56 PM

@kingpinn: Had someone else with that problem. Turns out if you upgrade sweetFX to the latest version, apparently called reshade, you can add reshade32.dll as an ST+ plugin (the LoadDll feature) and it works.

brilliant, thank you for your help. I did have trouble getting reshade to work previously, and gave up trying because sweetFX was working without fault. Now I have an incentive to get this sorted.

Thanks again! You're a Don!

#19 SAXALIN

SAXALIN

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 05:59 PM

@Vugar Ismailov: I'm not sure I understand what you mean. If you mean "make the winch in 'pull' mode by default instead of 'accel' mode" then no, just click yourself on 'accel'.

You did not understand me :) it would be more convenient if the standard was "Pull"  as the winch in order to pull rather than a taxi

#20 kingpinn

kingpinn

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 24 March 2016 - 08:51 PM

Reshade doesn't appear to work. I get the following error in the log:

24/03/2016 20:45:39:730 [04628] | INFO  | Loading effect from "Y:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Spintires\ReShade.fx" ...
24/03/2016 20:45:39:731 [04628] | ERROR | Failed to preprocess effect on context 07B82C88:

Included "Y:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Spintires\ReShade.fx"
Y:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Spintires\ReShade.fx(2): error: #error directive encountered
Y:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Spintires\ReShade.fx(2): warning: Unexpected text in #control line ignored
Included "Y:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Spintires\ReShade\KeyCodes.h"
Y:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Spintires\ReShade.fx(11): error: Operator ( in incorrect context
Y:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Spintires\ReShade.fx(11): warning: Unexpected text in #control line ignored
Y:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Spintires\ReShade.fx(12): warning: Cannot open include file "ReShade/Profiles/__APPLICATION_NAME__/Global.cfg"
Y:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Spintires\ReShade.fx(113): error: Operator ( in incorrect context
Y:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Spintires\ReShade.fx(113): warning: Unexpected text in #control line ignored
Y:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Spintires\ReShade.fx(123): warning: Cannot open include file "ReShade/Presets/RESHADE_PRESET/Pipeline.cfg"

It's probably not meant to be so not to worry. Just thought I'd share my findings.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users