Oovee will not accept mods/code etc ripped from other games or made from models with illegal/unsuitable copyright or not in accordance with licenses and/or forum rules. Any Mods will be removed and the user may be banned.
Only statements relating to Spintires that are posted here by Oovee staff are official statements from Oovee limited and Spin Tires

There is a issue with the Facebook Login. Until this is fixed you can request a password reset using the email you use to access Facebook.

Photo
* * * - - 18 votes

DEV080316 - Next Update: preview teaser - Discussion

603 replies to this topic

#601 voyager2017

voyager2017

• Experienced Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationBarry, South Wales

Posted 20 May 2017 - 08:06 AM

A fair point. This IS where we discuss the "forthcoming update", other threads for other matters. One point about the modders though and this is my own opinion, is that they add exciting content for us all making the game for a newbie very attractive thus purchases are made to the delight, no less, to the DEVS who still choose to remain silent. If the update comes all well and good but from background knowledge this does not look good. ho hum...

Edited by voyager2017, 20 May 2017 - 08:06 AM.

#602 Rough Rider

Rough Rider

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 05:04 PM

Man... Such a big deal over nothing... I was just trying to encourage people that come here to visit other parts of the forum. What a huge deal. lol.

#603 AustinWii

AustinWii

Spintires Gameplay Expert

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 301 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 20 May 2017 - 05:50 PM

Austin, clearly you did not read all that was written so I will recap some of it...

""This thread is regarding a DEV update and future updates and its discussion.""

""I could care less what the mod community CAN do,""                 

*** Maybe I was not clear enough here. I appreciate the work community members and modders do. I do not have much skill in this area although have made a few maps that I find decent for my own purposes. I respect the effort put forth by this community.

"""we are aware of it and appreciate the mods as well as what they create."""

Modding, fixing, or otherwise adding content is NOT their responsibility.   In other words, it is not the responsibility of the mod community to keep the game alive but the developer and / or creator and / or publisher

I play it rarely. I have been on to other games and have logged several hours in those games. I return here to this forum via a bookmark in hopes some day I will read that the end is here, a new update is almost ready, or some other ""DEV"" news. I am sorry that some think discussion is "bitching" The long and short of it for me is this thread is entitled

DEV080316 - Next Update: preview teaser - Discussion

That is what I am doing, discussing. If anyone felt slighted by this post that is not how it was meant and obviously was not directed toward any modders or the like.

It makes no sense at all to say: "I could care less what the modders can do." Then you turn around and say you appreciate what they do. Yes, I understand it's not their responsibility to keep the game alive, but some of them choose to. Responsibility or not, they have kept this game alive with their content, and without them the player count would be very little. What pisses me off, is that Oovee fails to notice this.

• 67GMCK2500 likes this

post-1-0-63234200-1400242015.png

Feel free to check out my Spintires Winching Guide at:

http://www.oovee.co....-winching-guide

#604 THE_DRIFTER

THE_DRIFTER

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 03:35 AM

Man... Such a big deal over nothing... I was just trying to encourage people that come here to visit other parts of the forum. What a huge deal. lol.

Honestly its not a big deal at all. Not for me at least. I view other parts of the forum when there are posts to be read. I see your point but it has grown painfully quiet here. Especially without any updates from the "leadership" as it were.

It makes no sense at all to say: "I could care less what the modders can do." Then you turn around and say you appreciate what they do. Yes, I understand it's not their responsibility to keep the game alive, but some of them choose to. Responsibility or not, they have kept this game alive with their content, and without them the player count would be very little. What pisses me off, is that Oovee fails to notice this.

It does make sense actually. We are getting tangles up with semantics here so I will leave it at that. The last part of your post says it all. I know the modders have kept this game going. I appreciate that. I am only saying in that regard it is not their responsibility.

76561197985968654.pngAddFriend.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

morrelo