Oovee will not accept mods/code etc ripped from other games or made from models with illegal/unsuitable copyright or not in accordance with licenses and/or forum rules. Any Mods will be removed and the user may be banned.
Only statements relating to Spintires that are posted here by Oovee staff are official statements from Oovee limited and Spin Tires

Photo
* * * - - 13 votes

DEV080316 - Next Update: preview teaser - Discussion

439 replies to this topic

#1 Hein

Hein

Make Coffee Not War

• Senior Moderator
  • 3,794 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 09 March 2016 - 08:48 PM

Announcement thread here: http://www.oovee.co....preview-teaser/

Discuss about it in this thread.

• Mahdi likes this

Do NOT pm me for support. Use the forum to post your questions etc..

When there is something to announce, Oovee will announce it.

#2 AustinWii

AustinWii

Spintires Gameplay Expert

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 09:41 PM

From the looks of the teaser for the update, it looks like it is going to be amazing! I cannot wait for even more detail, and for the little extra bugs to be fixed. I've gotten really back into the game since the crashing was fixed, and now that I know how to add maps plus they are coming to workshop. Keep up the good work Oovee, I cannot wait to see what the future brings for Spintires.

• Tony Fellas - Oovee, Axonn, Art034 and 1 other like this

post-1-0-63234200-1400242015.png

Feel free to check out my Spintires Winching Guide at:

http://www.oovee.co....-winching-guide

#3 Hein

Hein

Make Coffee Not War

• Senior Moderator
  • 3,794 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 09 March 2016 - 09:54 PM

Yeah about that.. map support is not official yet in workshop. Avoid them until you hear it has been implemented officially. Announced here. On this forum. By Oovee.
  • Axonn and Art034 like this

Do NOT pm me for support. Use the forum to post your questions etc..

When there is something to announce, Oovee will announce it.

#4 richieXtheXboss

richieXtheXboss

Veteran Member

• Experienced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,198 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 09 March 2016 - 10:32 PM

love the new bridge that was a thing everybody hated. now if we could set friction and no suspension damage i would go back to the stable version 

• Glob3Troller likes this

76561198169035384.png

#5 freeman

freeman

(╯°□°)╯ ┻━┻

• Community Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 10:41 PM

I find this teaser a bit underwhelming to be honest. I want track support and an overhauled damage system because the current one is lame. That silly cosmetic stuff can wait in my opinion.
  • Hein, Arachnid83 and Axonn like this
Spoiler

#6 woodingot

woodingot

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 265 posts
  • LocationEstonia

Posted 09 March 2016 - 11:36 PM

Im i only one sad to see the old bridge go ? I though it was interesting and neat bridge also with possibility to get stuck on it. New bridge seem to be just like nothing was there just same smooth road a bit boring for me but i guess that's just me? I would instead like to see more dodgy old wooden bridges that present more of a challenge.

Edited by woodingot, 09 March 2016 - 11:37 PM.

• Sorcerer, javanse, Mateja Wojciech and 9 others like this

#7 Dexter Paris

Dexter Paris

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationAustria/Vienna

Posted 10 March 2016 - 12:15 AM

Looks good and as long the old concrete bridge isn't goin to be removed from the library it's fine

• Axonn likes this

dpi_signature_320px.gif
Maps for Spintires – Made with Love

Play my maps: DPI Olesja River / DPI Bronislaw Forest / DPI Sweta Forest / DPI Tihomir Forest / DPI Woodpecker

#8 Vilespring

Vilespring

Spin Tires skid-steer vehicle expert

• Community Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 789 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the United States...

Posted 10 March 2016 - 12:16 AM

I had a love-hate relation with that bridge.

It has more character than I do.  :ph34r:

• h1p2c3, richieXtheXboss and Otterbear like this

A picture is worth a thousand words, but takes up three thousand times the memory.

Hmm. Put a bottom cdt on it and it'll work. 

pEZDtop.png

#9 KA24DE

KA24DE

______

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 02:47 AM

I like that when someone posted the exact same images of the Maz, shadows, and occusion roughly a month ago, everyone jumped on him saying it's not official; almost implying that it has nothing to do with Spintires at all... even though it was posted by the person who created Spintires... and then it just gets reposted here, and now it's official. Such ********.

That aside... the more detail; the better. The game seems optimized enough to handle the added detailed without any detriment to performance.

Maybe this isn't the proper place to remind you... but we were promised an "official" statement on what exactly happened with the whole time bomb fiasco.

• Sorcerer and AustinWii like this

#10 freeman

freeman

(╯°□°)╯ ┻━┻

• Community Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 02:55 AM

I like that when someone posted the exact same images of the Maz, shadows, and occusion roughly a month ago, everyone jumped on him saying it's not official; almost implying that it has nothing to do with Spintires at all... even though it was posted by the person who created Spintires... and then it just gets reposted here, and now it's official. Such ********.

That aside... the more detail; the better. The game seems optimized enough to handle the added detailed without any detriment to performance.

Maybe this isn't the proper place to remind you... but we were promised an "official" statement on what exactly happened with the whole time bomb fiasco.

They gave one. They claim it was a "bug."

With regard to everything else: the oovee folks seem to think that "only official statements" made here means that's all we will take in regarding spintires news, which as you and I know is just their way of doing "damage control." This is the official forum and they try to keep a tight lid on what they want us to believe (regarding spintires).

Edited by freeman, 10 March 2016 - 02:56 AM.

• AustinWii likes this
Spoiler

#11 richieXtheXboss

richieXtheXboss

Veteran Member

• Experienced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,198 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 10 March 2016 - 05:23 AM

I like that when someone posted the exact same images of the Maz, shadows, and occusion roughly a month ago, everyone jumped on him saying it's not official; almost implying that it has nothing to do with Spintires at all... even though it was posted by the person who created Spintires... and then it just gets reposted here, and now it's official. Such ********.

pavel made spintires. so you're wrong and dont worry about it they are working to improve the game and saying "only official statement by oovee" is so that we dont have what every clash of clans update has a random chinese guy saying that this is 100% what will happen.

and frankly i dont really care about what happend with the timebomb and think its non of our buisness. rant over 

anyway this is made to discuss about the previews we saw not to nitpick everything wrong with the game/devs  

• AustinWii likes this

76561198169035384.png

#12 AustinWii

AustinWii

Spintires Gameplay Expert

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 05:50 AM

pavel made spintires. so you're wrong and dont worry about it they are working to improve the game and saying "only official statement by oovee" is so that we dont have what every clash of clans update has a random chinese guy saying that this is 100% what will happen.

and frankly i dont really care about what happend with the timebomb and think its non of our buisness. rant over 

anyway this is made to discuss about the previews we saw not to nitpick everything wrong with the game/devs  

I agree with this post, what has happened with Oovee and Pavel is non of our business. We should not be complaining about the devs, or what the game needs for the tiniest of all fixes. Instead, we need to focus on the fun of the game and look forward to the future. The past is the past, now leave it there.

• Tony Fellas - Oovee, Draconus, Glob3Troller and 1 other like this

post-1-0-63234200-1400242015.png

Feel free to check out my Spintires Winching Guide at:

http://www.oovee.co....-winching-guide

#13 morrelo

morrelo

• Experienced Member
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 08:22 AM

I hope this update will finally include promised multiplayer saves, so I can start playing the game again.

• Reece Bolton - Oovee likes this

#14 kingpinn

kingpinn

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 10 March 2016 - 10:41 AM

Im i only one sad to see the old bridge go ? I though it was interesting and neat bridge also with possibility to get stuck on it. New bridge seem to be just like nothing was there just same smooth road a bit boring for me but i guess that's just me? I would instead like to see more dodgy old wooden bridges that present more of a challenge.

I'm with you on this, the little rickety bridges made it a lot more intense to cross when fully loaded..

The current bridges look part of the scenery, where as the new ones look a little out of place (in the teaser anyways). Having said this, I'm sure it will be great none the less.

(love the work you are doing on the bulldozer btw!)

• woodingot and Otterbear like this

#15 MadGhost3251

MadGhost3251

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 10 March 2016 - 01:57 PM

Looks good I'm curious about the blockades seems interesting. I have to say though i agree with Dexter etc. that the old bridge will be missed I myself used it on my map crawl and built it into the hill and built the other side up so that you go around and under the bridge I'm afraid the new one will look horribly out of place, i hope the old one will still at least be an option without it being a custom object.

Edited by MadGhost3251, 10 March 2016 - 01:58 PM.

• Otterbear likes this

#16 Jay Bow

Jay Bow

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 03:12 PM

Road block post for unloaded trucks....click drop logs . No load . Gate goes up. Drive past ..repacks keeps going..great were getting changes just feel like stuff we can play without-horn-a guy in cab-fix to drive shaft that i dont look at. Editor that uploads to workshop be better

#17 Lombra

Lombra

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 04:26 PM

Looks neat. Hopefully this means we can use controller for addons and the entire advanced menu, and with controls that make sense. Not sure why X and Y would be used for Up/Down as shown in the picture?

Have to agree with bridges, too. Assumed they were meant to be a challenge, and also make sense for the environment. New one looks like something you would have on a country road crossing a large river.

#18 KA24DE

KA24DE

______

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 11:48 PM

They gave one. They claim it was a "bug."

Really? -.-
LOL is all I have to say.

Pavel posted these pictures on VK, which were then posted here by someone roughly a month ago (I'm sorry that I have forgotten who it was), and then reposted now, so no, I am not wrong. These pictures originated from Pavel; the creator of the game and yet were dismissed as not being official. I find that rather comical.

It is our bloody bussiness. This concerns a software which we have installed onto our computers. The lack of quality control and safety checks is disturbing. There is effectively nothing preventing a situation where a malicious bit of code could act upon us. I'm not going to start spewing wild conspiracy theories here... but it has already been shown that there is no overview control of this game's code. You should never give a single person full control over everything because if he feels like having a "FK IT ALL" moment... there is nothing stopping him. There is a very good reason why you require multiple people to turn a key at the same time in order to launch heavy ordnance.

That aside... I prefer the old bridge; at least for most locations. The new bridge is a little too... "civilized" for where most of Spintires takes place.

• SKŲŁŁΘԲÐЗѦŦH and b00g like this

#19 Sorcerer

Sorcerer

Scared Bridge Guy

• Experienced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 694 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 11 March 2016 - 02:46 AM

I like the new bridge, but will the old one still be available in the game files? Variety is always good.

Those roadblocks also look interesting. I assume they are to make you explore the map more instead of taking the most direct route, but I hope they are placed sensibly and not arbitrarily. Like for example, it would make sense to restrict trailers on the paved switchbacks at The Hill, but it would be weird to Gandalf the player if they tried to cross the Plains.

Edited by Sorcerer, 11 March 2016 - 02:49 AM.

that looks stupid and now i must ***** no longer

Lol at the new censor making the quote seem worse than it is
Avatar is from the movie Sorcerer 1977

#20 Reece Bolton - Oovee

Reece Bolton - Oovee

Studio Manager

• Administrators
  • 582 posts
  • LocationNorfolk, United Kingdom

Posted 11 March 2016 - 11:25 AM

Official statements come through official Oovee media outlets to prevent confusion on official information. If it comes from us, you know it will be in the game. There is only one page on VK that Pavel posts on and not all posts are authored by him - so I strongly suggest that if ever you come across any post on there, look at the author. Unfortunately, no pages are controlled only by Pavel - we cannot endorse them as official pages because there are posts on there that do not contain any accurate information.

As for the bridges, I will ensure that the old bridge is kept, even if it is only as an editor object for all of you map designers out there.

• Hein, Sorcerer, robbit and 7 others like this

Reece Bolton

Studio Manager / Spintires™ Producer - Oovee® Game Studios

Twitter @OVproducer

Template_400-80.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users