Oovee will not accept mods/code etc ripped from other games or made from models with illegal/unsuitable copyright or not in accordance with licenses and/or forum rules. Any Mods will be removed and the user may be banned.
Only statements relating to Spintires that are posted here by Oovee staff are official statements from Oovee limited and Spin Tires

Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

Recent game crashes

undergoing admin observation

• Please log in to reply
435 replies to this topic

#161 freeman

freeman

(╯°□°)╯ ┻━┻

• Community Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 06:31 PM

A member has posted a simple fix. It works great. I won't re-post the link because I'm not sure if that's allowed.

Why would it not be allowed? If the moderators have a problem with it I'm sure they'll remove it. Until an official patch is released I'm sure everyone affected could use the simple fix.

EDIT: Ah, you must mean this post:

Ok, I wrote a fix, just unzip the d3d9.dll and its config xml it in the directory that contains spintires.exe

Edit: new version to handle more date checks: http://www.mediafire...rash_fix_v2.zip

Download link: http://www.mediafire...ing_map_fix.zip

(Yes it's a dll. Yes, I could have shoved a truckload of virus in there. No I didn't. Believe me if you want)

Normally it should prevent the game from crashing after 300s (+a bit depending on your luck) and custom maps should be back in the selection screen.

If other things broke, this dll does not touch them.

@Anyone: I recommend making a backup of your spintires.exe (or even your entire game directory) NOW! Just in case it would get worse (it may...).

If there is a fellow hacker reading this, have a look at 00A66586 to end of function (signature 74 * d9 05 * * * * d8 44 24 ) for the 300s timer and 00B1FBA5 - 00B1FBEA (signature 0f 88 * * * * 7f * 3d) for maps. It that really what I think it is?

(No aslr)

Edited by freeman, 25 February 2016 - 10:47 PM.

• Kristaps Tinte and mosca981 like this
Spoiler

#162 Localhost

Localhost

• Community Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 06:57 PM

It is important to bare in mind that only statements made by Oovee, as the copyright owner of Spintires, on either our website or official forum should be considered facts.

And since I'm NOT working for Oovee, whatever I say is NOT a fact. This actually gets a load off my shoulders as I'm now free to type whatever I want, since my words should just be considered as a crybaby's lies.

So here are my not-facts:

-Pavel is working with the aliens from Sedna to drive off-roaders into desperation then suicide. Their invasion is more likely to succeed if we cannot maneuver on our own lands.

-Upon closer inspection I identified 14 timebombs in the current version of spintires.exe. So I'm publishing a new dll that fixes 14 date checks instead of just 2. You can grab it here: http://www.mediafire...rash_fix_v2.zip

They were set to activate at those dates:

Found timebomb at a6659d deadline: Sun Mar 20 20:57:38 2016
Found timebomb at a7b63a deadline: Tue Mar 22 20:57:38 2016
Found timebomb at a7ed68 deadline: Wed Mar 23 20:57:38 2016
Found timebomb at a7f3b6 deadline: Mon Mar 21 20:57:38 2016
Found timebomb at a85748 deadline: Sat Apr 16 21:57:38 2016
Found timebomb at a9cb0c deadline: Sun Mar 27 21:57:38 2016
Found timebomb at ab516c deadline: Tue Mar 22 20:57:38 2016
Found timebomb at acfa9d deadline: Fri Mar 25 20:57:38 2016
Found timebomb at af053c deadline: Tue Mar 29 21:57:38 2016
Found timebomb at aff1d0 deadline: Sat Apr 16 21:57:38 2016
Found timebomb at b1a83d deadline: Fri Mar 25 20:57:38 2016
Found timebomb at b1fbbb deadline: Tue Feb 23 20:57:38 2016
Found timebomb at b2b4da deadline: Mon Feb 22 20:57:38 2016
Found timebomb at b4f778 deadline: Mon Apr 04 21:57:38 2016

I do not know what they were supposed to break, or even if they were breaking anything instead of -say- displaying a funny easter egg.

-Those 14 triggers were already present in whatever game version we were using on the 4th of January 2016:

Found timebomb at a65e0d deadline: Mon Feb 29 20:57:38 2016
Found timebomb at a7aeaa deadline: Wed Mar 02 20:57:38 2016
Found timebomb at a7e5d8 deadline: Thu Mar 03 20:57:38 2016
Found timebomb at a7ec26 deadline: Tue Mar 01 20:57:38 2016
Found timebomb at a84fb8 deadline: Sun Mar 27 21:57:38 2016
Found timebomb at a9c37c deadline: Mon Mar 07 20:57:38 2016
Found timebomb at ab49dc deadline: Wed Mar 02 20:57:38 2016
Found timebomb at ab681c deadline: Sat Mar 05 20:57:38 2016
Found timebomb at acf41d deadline: Sat Mar 05 20:57:38 2016
Found timebomb at aefebc deadline: Wed Mar 09 20:57:38 2016
Found timebomb at afeb50 deadline: Sun Mar 27 21:57:38 2016
Found timebomb at b1f43b deadline: Tue Feb 23 20:57:38 2016
Found timebomb at b2ad5a deadline: Mon Feb 22 20:57:38 2016
Found timebomb at b4eff8 deadline: Tue Mar 15 20:57:38 2016

(Considering some deadlines changed, I'm now speculating horror stories about the patchnote-less updates)

-I do not have any earlier spintire.exe lying around, so I cannot say if the plot was even older. All I can say is that the date checks are all written as "If X time has elapsed since 2/nov/2015".

-The 300s crash is a combination of a timebomb and a workshop kill switch. Even if the date is still ok, the game is looking at mod 1FAB0900, and hashing the text "Highly detailed medium size truck, with unique sounds and addons.Type-B truck achievements could not be earned with this truck.". If the hash doesn't match an certain hardcoded value, the 300s timer starts.

-Same thing with workshop item 1FAB08F5, but I did not not know what text is taken into account.

Remember, none of the above is a fact, it's just some madman's ramblings. (Now where is my funnel hat...)

I don't speak russian, but did Pavel say anything on vk? (google translate does not help me much there)

• Hein, javanse, David Jones and 5 others like this

#163 Lorindes

Lorindes

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationSlovakia

Posted 25 February 2016 - 07:02 PM

For me, whole problem started when i was not allowed to skip logo with space. That loading scene just stuck for two minutes. After that, whole process restarts and then, the game for first time crashes. Crashing is random after few minutes. First step is that - HUD will disappear and after that, the truck itself disappear. Then the game just stuck (black screen) and after i drop with key to win. it writes oops, spintires crashes.

I have a screen shot:

2016-02-25_00001.jpg

Sorry, but i don't know how to put it inside of spoiler.

#164 Syl

Syl

• Experienced Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 07:20 PM

And since I'm NOT working for Oovee, whatever I say is NOT a fact. This actually gets a load off my shoulders as I'm now free to type whatever I want, since my words should just be considered as a crybaby's lies.

So here are my not-facts:
-Pavel is working with the aliens from Sedna to drive off-roaders into desperation then suicide. Their invasion is more likely to succeed if we cannot maneuver on our own lands.
-Upon closer inspection I identified 14 timebombs in the current version of spintires.exe. So I'm publishing a new dll that fixes 14 date checks instead of just 2. You can grab it here: http://www.mediafire...rash_fix_v2.zip
They were set to activate at those dates:

I do not know what they were supposed to break, or even if they were breaking anything instead of -say- displaying a funny easter egg.
-Those 14 triggers were already present in whatever game version we were using on the 4th of January 2016:

(Considering some deadlines changed, I'm now speculating horror stories about the patchnote-less updates)
-I do not have any earlier spintire.exe lying around, so I cannot say if the plot was even older. All I can say is that the date checks are all written as "If X time has elapsed since 2/nov/2015".
-The 300s crash is a combination of a timebomb and a workshop kill switch. Even if the date is still ok, the game is looking at mod 1FAB0900, and hashing the text "Highly detailed medium size truck, with unique sounds and addons.Type-B truck achievements could not be earned with this truck.". If the hash doesn't match an certain hardcoded value, the 300s timer starts.
-Same thing with workshop item 1FAB08F5, but I did not not know what text is taken into account.

Remember, none of the above is a fact, it's just some madman's ramblings. (Now where is my funnel hat...)

I don't speak russian, but did Pavel say anything on vk? (google translate does not help me much there)

You liar! Timetravel is impossible...

#165 KA24DE

KA24DE

______

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 07:42 PM

That's really something, Localhost. Thank you for spending so much time digging around and writing hot-fixes.

This makes me wonder how common-place time bombs are in games. I can think of a certain situation in Sanctum 2, using the Plasma Rifle; the game crashes after spamming the alternative fire for a significant amount of time. It also happens to be among the most effective weapons in the game. I'd like to hope no foul play is involved... but it's making me wonder, lol.

Also, I'd like to hand an apology to Reece Bolton. By the intonation your post; I felt like you didn't really like my posts in this thread. It was nothing personal; just frustration at how Spintires is evolving... or devolving.

I hope any issues can be resolved quicky and painlessly in the company. I'd really love to see Spintires, and by extension Pavel and Oovee, do well. I still feel Spintires is a great monument in gaming... something the world has never seen before... which makes it even more painful to watch it suffer, and think of what it could have / can be.

• onelove likes this

#166 GSX

GSX

• Experienced Member
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 08:49 PM

Thank you @Localhost !

Edited by GSX, 25 February 2016 - 08:50 PM.

#167 Jay Bow

Jay Bow

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 09:54 PM

Stuff started disapearing to 25 12 15 once feb 2 hit ..we got a hot fix that added c at end. Tryed older versions they work just dont have mod workshop support

#168 Bajdon

Bajdon

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 10:30 PM

@Localhost Are you some kind of god? Many thanks...  :) 

#169 freeman

freeman

(╯°□°)╯ ┻━┻

• Community Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 11:04 PM

Spoiler

I just want to extend a very heartfelt thank you, Localhost. This is the kind of crap that is unacceptable. Oovee and Pavel should be ashamed of themselves. Pavel for implementing timebombs (and who knows what else) and Oovee for not auditing and keeping their developer's work ethical and respectful to their loyal fans and customers. When I see things like this from anyone I will be hard pressed to trust anything they release in the future. This is ridiculous.

• Hay likes this
Spoiler

#170 White Wolf

White Wolf

• Experienced Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 11:49 PM

This following post is for Oovee!

After seeing that this problem appeared.
I would like to point out that YOU as the company who sales this game should put a warning out for the people who are about to buy this game that it currently doesnt work but the solution is on the way.
If You have ANY ANY DECENCY IN YOU as you talking about being a professional - You must do this! Othervise You can not stand up for the real meaning of this word!!!!
Do this at least for the people who are about to pay for this game and would see it crashing after the first 5 minutes. I cant even imagine that frustration what I would feel If I just pay over 20EU for this game and it doesnt work. And yes I did see some angry comments on steam that people bought this game just know, not knowing anything and it crashes!
If you dont care enough to solve the problem for the people who bought the game already and make a rapid repair or find a quick solution (Because as the people who follows this topic on this forum can see that IT IS POSSIBLE TO COME OUT WITH A QUICK FIX!) at least prevent the ones who would run into this problam as new buyers!!!!!!!!!
  • BruteTerror, Vilespring and AustinWii like this

#171 TuDawgs

TuDawgs

• Experienced Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 12:02 AM

GD can't stand when they update this game and I have to start over but this crash junk has to be fixed. I deleted game...reinstalled it...played for about 1/2 hr then same thing started all over. Seems to be when I started to use the winch but when I restarted game I didn't use the winch and it crashes 2 mins into it...OOVEE GET THIS S*** SORTED OUT please!!!

#172 PressureLine

PressureLine

Hot, sticky and sweet.

• Community Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,597 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 12:11 AM

To be fair Freeman, I don't think Oovee:

• Has anyone really capable of doing a code audit on staff
  • Has the un-compiled code

At the end of the day, for Spintires at least, Oovee are a publication/production company. They handle all the boring day to day **** (taxes, Steam fees etc [important, since as a Russian citizen I believe that PZ cannot sell directly to Steam by himself], paying up-front for things like advertising and merchandise, this forum and the download center) that isn't directly related to developing the game, much the same as a writer or musician would sign up with a publisher or record company.

I read through that interview/article that was linked a few pages back, and tbh Pavel comes across as a bit of a buffoon. He apparently doesn't even know how much Oovee 'owes' him, and doesn't have the "judicial skill" to even be able to tell if Oovee are playing by the contract. I don't know how seriously I can take his claim that Oovee are shorting him, when he can't seem to find even a rough number for what they owe him, very much seems to be "my slice of the pie doesn't seem to be big enough" which leads to the question "Well how big should your slice be?" "Oh man, I dunno, this contract s*** is hard." that and that his output has been on the lean side for the past year at least (eg mod support that was billed to be ready in April/May [Pavel even said in May 'ready from player perspective'] not that close to being ready in July [beta leak] with the eventual release 8 weeks after that still being far short of complete [editor? what editor?]) make it hard to sympathise too much.

And then we get silly s*** like this. Maybe Oovee are shorting Pavel, maybe not (although we all can agree that Oovee need to work on communication) apparently Pavel doesn't know either, but the 'answer' is not to hold the Spintires playerbase to ransom.

• zidon155 likes this
"Air fresheners do not replace good hygiene practices."

#173 freeman

freeman

(╯°□°)╯ ┻━┻

• Community Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 12:23 AM

To be fair Freeman, I don't think Oovee:

• Has anyone really capable of doing a code audit on staff
  • Has the un-compiled code

At the end of the day, for Spintires at least, Oovee are a publication/production company. They handle all the boring day to day **** (taxes, Steam fees etc [important, since as a Russian citizen I believe that PZ cannot sell directly to Steam by himself], paying up-front for things like advertising and merchandise, this forum and the download center) that isn't directly related to developing the game, much the same as a writer or musician would sign up with a publisher or record company.

I read through that interview/article that was linked a few pages back, and tbh Pavel comes across as a bit of a buffoon. He apparently doesn't even know how much Oovee 'owes' him, and doesn't have the "judicial skill" to even be able to tell if Oovee are playing by the contract. I don't know how seriously I can take his claim that Oovee are shorting him, when he can't seem to find even a rough number for what they owe him, very much seems to be "my slice of the pie doesn't seem to be big enough" which leads to the question "Well how big should your slice be?" "Oh man, I dunno, this contract s*** is hard." that and that his output has been on the lean side for the past year at least (eg mod support that was billed to be ready in April/May [Pavel even said in May 'ready from player perspective'] not that close to being ready in July [beta leak] with the eventual release 8 weeks after that still being far short of complete [editor? what editor?]) make it hard to sympathise too much.

And then we get silly s*** like this. Maybe Oovee are shorting Pavel, maybe not (although we all can agree that Oovee need to work on communication) apparently Pavel doesn't know either, but the 'answer' is not to hold the Spintires playerbase to ransom.

In reality none of this drama concerns us. Whatever is going on or not going on between Oovee and Pavel is their business. I couldn't care less about their business. What is our business is owning a timebomb'd "trial" copy of spintires that we all payed money for. There should be no such garbage within the code of this game. I think most of us can agree that Pavel has his idiosyncrasies and mannerisms from what we've seen in the past and his bizarre design choices in spintires, but timebombing the paying, honest customers is most definitely where the line needs to be drawn. Furthermore, I'd also say he can't really be trusted from this point on. Who knows what else he's shipping in spintires.exe that is not spintires? His work needs to be audited. We can no longer trust him.

• Hay, David Jones, Dexter Paris and 3 others like this
Spoiler

#174 PressureLine

PressureLine

Hot, sticky and sweet.

• Community Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,597 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 12:55 AM

Nail on the head freeman

Not only is the Oovee<->Pavel interaction none of my business, I don't even care. What I do care about is having something that I purchased the right to use being unusable because of a disagreement between Pavel and Oovee.

What makes it even better is that after a only few hours of code review (using decompiled code which is notoriously hard to read) Localhost is able to not only identify the problem, but fix it too. All this while Oovee has Pavel (the person who wrote the bad code in the first place!) 'trying' to fix it, but so far has been unable to produce any results (or even an explanation)

• Jay Bow, ibee, Hay and 4 others like this

#175 freeman

freeman

(╯°□°)╯ ┻━┻

• Community Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 01:24 AM

Sounds like Localhost deserves a job. HINT-HINT-WINK-WINK, oovee.

EDIT: and hire rubberduck too for fixing the leaked combinetools (reference post).

Edited by freeman, 26 February 2016 - 01:29 AM.

• BruteTerror, David Jones and Vilespring like this
Spoiler

#176 AustinWii

AustinWii

Spintires Gameplay Expert

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 01:41 AM

I don't mean to complain, but I'm not screwing around with workshop files or messing around with anything else. This is not the public's fault, so why should we have to fix a **** up that Oovee/Pavel did to the game? Come on, get your **** together people and fix the damn game.

Edited by AustinWiiGaming, 26 February 2016 - 01:42 AM.

• dukeboy and b00g like this

post-1-0-63234200-1400242015.png

Feel free to check out my Spintires Winching Guide at:

http://www.oovee.co....-winching-guide

#177 stetson

stetson

Veteran Member

• Community Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,698 posts
  • LocationU.S.A, Fla

Posted 26 February 2016 - 01:45 AM

Sounds like Localhost deserves a job. HINT-HINT-WINK-WINK, oovee.

EDIT: and hire rubberduck too for fixing the leaked combinetools (reference post).

i second the motion,all in favor say I (or atleast an interview)

Edited by stetson, 26 February 2016 - 01:50 AM.

• BruteTerror, allarms, The Eradicator and 5 others like this

#178 tappy21803

tappy21803

• Experienced Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 02:08 AM

What do i do with this DLL file? where do i put it to fix this?

#179 Vengeful Maniac

Vengeful Maniac

Modding Sucks.....Mostly.

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 03:18 AM

I third that!  :)

Modding Sucks.....Mostly.

#180 PressureLine

PressureLine

Hot, sticky and sweet.

• Community Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,597 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 03:22 AM

I don't mean to complain, but I'm not screwing around with workshop files or messing around with anything else. This is not the public's fault, so why should we have to fix a **** up that Oovee/Pavel did to the game? Come on, get your **** together people and fix the damn game.

The problem is that the only person who is in a position to provide an official fix is the person who created the issue in the first place. Said person has also always shown a singular unwillingness to do anything on a schedule that isn't his own, regardless of the inconvenience to anyone else.

Use Localhost's fix, sit back, have a beer and watch the drama unfold.

Edited by PressureLine, 26 February 2016 - 03:23 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: undergoing admin observation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users