Oovee will not accept mods/code etc ripped from other games or made from models with illegal/unsuitable copyright or not in accordance with licenses and/or forum rules. Any Mods will be removed and the user may be banned.
Only statements relating to Spintires that are posted here by Oovee staff are official statements from Oovee limited and Spin Tires

Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

Recent game crashes

undergoing admin observation

• Please log in to reply
435 replies to this topic

#121 alexlam24

alexlam24

• Experienced Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 10:36 PM

My game doesn't crash, but I did have to redownload all my vehicles off the WorkShop.

#122 David360

David360

• Experienced Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 12:24 AM

will it delete workshop items

#123 David360

David360

• Experienced Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 12:40 AM

Is Oovee fixing this glitch?

#124 Jay Bow

Jay Bow

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 01:09 AM

So the glitch was real.. back feb 12th and advance the date to april and game shown different date.. so run as date feb 5th or so

Edited by Jay Bow, 25 February 2016 - 01:09 AM.

#125 mosca981

mosca981

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 01:14 AM

Just RENAME your workshop folder to something like "XXXworkshop". Then you can always re-name it back so you don't lose any mods.

#126 David360

David360

• Experienced Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 01:14 AM

i unsubscribed all mods and game still says "SpinTires TM has stopped working and  wanted me to "Close Program"

Need Help!!

#127 cdracerpr

cdracerpr

• Experienced Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 01:45 AM

Renaming the workshop folder to XXXworkshop did the trick for me. There are no mods of course, but at least I get to play the game while the work with the problem. Thanks mosca981... :)

• mosca981 likes this

#128 mosca981

mosca981

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 02:16 AM

My pleasure. At least is works....for now :)

#129 mosca981

mosca981

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 02:20 AM

You can also still get modded maps to work, but you have to name both files in the "levels" folder of the modded map to the name of maps in the game. EXAMPLE: rename your modded maps to Level_flood or Level_plains or Level_coast. They will replace your standard maps. Remember to rename BOTH files in the modded maps level folder :)

#130 mosca981

mosca981

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 02:23 AM

i unsubscribed all mods and game still says "SpinTires TM has stopped working and  wanted me to "Close Program"

Need Help!!

Just RENAME your workshop folder to something like "XXXworkshop". Then you can always re-name it back so you don't lose any mods. The folder is in C/programfiles86/steam/steamapps. Once you do this the game will work fine. No workshop mods though :(

#131 MarijnS95

MarijnS95

Pseudorandom developer

• Senior Moderator
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 25 February 2016 - 02:36 AM

It's probably better to rename the 263280 folder in there, otherwise you affect all workshop mods, even from other games. However this might have to do something with the .acf file, I'm not sure about that.
  • mosca981 likes this
Please use the search function or Google before posting a question!
It might have already been asked, and you'll get your answer way quicker than waiting for a response.
Keep in mind that I'm a voluntary moderator, not an official Oovee representative. Things I say may or may not represent the view of Oovee themselves.
Moderated text will be highlighted in red
Create and send log
  1. Start Spintires while holding Shift. (Start it by clicking play in Steam or (double)clicking the icon on your desktop/start-menu/taskbar)
  2. Try to reproduce the bug. Make sure you get the behavior that you are reporting before proceeding to the next step.
  3. Open up the forum thread, right to the Post button there is another button called More Reply options. Click that.
  4. On the bottom there is a button called Choose Files.... A file selection window should appear. Paste type in
    %appdata%\Spintires\Log.txt
    and press enter. Now the log file should upload. If it gives an error, manually check if the file Log.txt exists. If not, try again
  5. Finish your post and send it.
Clean up your Spintires installation
  1. Go to the installation directory of Spintires, usually in
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Spintires
    . This is the default location. If you told Steam to install at another location, you probably know where it is. If you can't find it, right-click the game in Steam, click on the tab Local files then click on Browse Local Files.
  2. Delete all files that end with the
    .mdmp
    extension. If there are other files besides
    _CommonRedist
    Media
    User
    Media.zip
    Shaders.zip
    SpinTires.exe
    steam_api.dll
    steam_appid.txt
    and
    TexturesCache.zip
    , delete these too.
  3. Go into the
    Media
    folder and delete everything except the
    videos
    folder.
  4. Press windowskey and R simultaneously, type in (or copy)
    %appdata%
    and press enter. Now delete the Spintires folder. Warning: this deletes your settings and saves! If you want to keep this, backup this folder to another location.
  5. Now, verify the Steam Appcache for Spintires. To do so click here . Don't be surprised, this button will fire up Steam and do the validation!
Delete Spintires from your computer
Are you sure? Sure, delete Spintires.
Create DxDiag
  1. Press windowskey and R simultaneously, type in (or copy)
    dxdiag
    and press enter. Click yes if a warning about signatures pops up.
  2. Click the save button on the bottom right. Choose a location you can easily find! Wait for the saving process to complete.
  3. Upload the file you created to the forum. Click more reply options next to the post button to upload the file.
  4. Finish your post (write something descriptive) and post it.

#132 mosca981

mosca981

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 02:46 AM

Renaming and even deleting 263280 didn't work for me. Only renaming the whole folder  :(

Edited by mosca981, 25 February 2016 - 02:47 AM.

#133 AustinWii

AustinWii

Spintires Gameplay Expert

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 03:51 AM

I am crashing after 2 - 3 minutes of gameplay, I do not feel like renaming files or screwing around. Oovee better make a fix soon or else they're going to lose player count.

post-1-0-63234200-1400242015.png

Feel free to check out my Spintires Winching Guide at:

http://www.oovee.co....-winching-guide

#134 ibee

ibee

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 04:43 AM

8.6m  update  and stuff dont work no more ...no changelog  to tell us whats goin on ..... hmmmm     someone looking for a payrise

professionalism......        no official word from oovee             wasnt us it was him  (blamegame)    as usual  mods left out to dry     .... thanks guys :) (mods) 

changeing dates  and renaming  files , nope  think someone  needs to do some digit extraction  and fix this .. or some serious butt kickin  and fix this .. i dont mind either way  just get it done

Edited by ibee, 25 February 2016 - 04:55 AM.

#135 DirtyDave

DirtyDave

• Experienced Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 05:04 AM

so i reset the time and renamed the one folder..   went back in and everything seemed fine.   could play my modded maps ok.   however i do have one issue which could just be a coincedence.   but when i go to a log kiosk and pick small logs, they dont work...  on med and large logs it says load med log, load large log.  but on the short ones it just says load.   It will drop the short log into the kiosk, however i cant pick it up.   like someone supergued it to the kiosk.   

#136 Localhost

Localhost

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 05:10 AM

Ok, I wrote a fix, just unzip the d3d9.dll and its config xml it in the directory that contains spintires.exe

Edit2: new version to handle even more nasty stuff: http://www.mediafire...rash_fix_v4.zip

Edit: new version to handle more date checks: http://www.mediafire...rash_fix_v2.zip

Download link: http://www.mediafire...ing_map_fix.zip

(Yes it's a dll. Yes, I could have shoved a truckload of virus in there. No I didn't. Believe me if you want)

Normally it should prevent the game from crashing after 300s (+a bit depending on your luck) and custom maps should be back in the selection screen.

If other things broke, this dll does not touch them.

@Anyone: I recommend making a backup of your spintires.exe (or even your entire game directory) NOW! Just in case it would get worse (it may...).

If there is a fellow hacker reading this, have a look at 00A66586 to end of function (signature 74 * d9 05 * * * * d8 44 24 ) for the 300s timer and 00B1FBA5 - 00B1FBEA (signature 0f 88 * * * * 7f * 3d) for maps. It that really what I think it is?

(No aslr)

Edited by Localhost, 01 March 2016 - 02:20 PM.

• zidon155, hamtme2, stetson and 16 others like this

#137 PressureLine

PressureLine

Hot, sticky and sweet.

• Community Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,595 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 05:19 AM

It that really what I think it is?

More than likely. I doubt it is 'accidental' as there is no real reason for those sort of things to be in there. Thx for pretty much confirming that PZ is an epic troll.

• zidon155, Jay Bow, hamtme2 and 4 others like this
"Air fresheners do not replace good hygiene practices."

#138 Thomask1126

Thomask1126

• Experienced Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 05:32 AM

I have had spintires for over a week now. i played it 3 days in a row without isses. today i go to play it and within 5 minutes my game crashes. i do have mods installed from steam workshop but dont use them i would like some help.

• Aaron Sanderson likes this

#139 Localhost

Localhost

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 05:53 AM

You probably know him better than I do, but IF it's intentional I'd like to hear his side of the story before bashing anyone.

It's easy to say he's a greedy bastard who wants a raise, but I don't have the slightest idea about what he gets, not even if it's a percentage of the sales of a fixed wage.

In my opinion Pavel makes the game AND handles distribution, so he should reap most of the benefits, but the UK office has more people, and that's more mouths to feed. How do they split? I'll probably never know.

Thanks for having looked at the code snippets.

Edited by Localhost, 25 February 2016 - 06:34 AM.

#140 KA24DE

KA24DE

______

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 07:08 AM

Localhost; you sir, are awesome.

So Pavel is sabotaging his own game. Hilarious.

I don't think this is the proper course of action by any means... but I do know of problems between Pavel and Oovee. Sadly, I don't know enough to point fingers, so take what I say with a grain of salt.
By the sheer amount of NDAs and the general Mushroom Policy that Oovee employs... I can safely say that they are a horrible company, run by horrible people. Pavel's not exactly a gift either... but I can give him a certain amount of leeway because he makes this game. It is his creation, and it is a very difficult thing indeed to adjust your pride and joy to needs that are not always your own. There will always be discrepancies between the creator and publisher of anything, and it is understandable.
I see the whole issue at hand in one of two ways... either Pavel is being exploited by Oovee, or Pavel is holding the game hostage to coax more out of Oovee. It could even be a bit of both. Maybe Pavel signed a bum contract and sort of agreed to be exploited, but now realized his mistake and is trying to get what he feels he deserves.

I just hope they can stop the child's play and come to a resolution that will move the game forward. I'm concerned that the constant NDAs are because there's a legal action catch-22 between Pavel and Oovee... like that Oovee is suing Pavel for not making progress on the game, and Pavel is counter-suing that Oovee isn't paying him enough to warrent making progress on the game. That will go on in a never-ending circle and be the death of Spintires.

Now then... to cover my own ass... since legal BS is involved. Everything I've said here is just speculation. I'm taking a guess at what is happening using nothing but my logic combined with what I have read on open sources.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: undergoing admin observation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users