Oovee will not accept mods/code etc ripped from other games or made from models with illegal/unsuitable copyright or not in accordance with licenses and/or forum rules. Any Mods will be removed and the user may be banned.
Only statements relating to Spintires that are posted here by Oovee staff are official statements from Oovee limited and Spin Tires

Photo

woodingot's workshop

195 replies to this topic

#181 woodingot

woodingot

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationEstonia

Posted 28 February 2017 - 03:31 PM

Since DT-75 is dependednt on Spintires Plus mod i did get flooded with comments on Steam workshop about game crashing because some people never bothered to read mod desription and did not install ST+. I had idea to hide error message somewhere inside DT-75 mesh that would become visible when ST+ was missing but first i needed solution to crash. Luckily Localhost found time to fix the issue with crash and provided the xml code for error message to show only when ST+ was missing.

So here is what i belive fixed the game crashing for DT-75 when ST+ was not installed. Localhost added this FixedBreakable constraint to track links so tracks would just fall apart when ST+ is missing instead of crash game. I leave this xml part here as example if anyone needs to fix tracked vehicle crashing without ST+ installed.

Spoiler

Now the error message would be useful for some modders who need to have ST+ installed for their mod to function correctly.Firs of all this is what error message would look like in game if ST+ is not installed.

qa8p00u.gif

b4G53yW.jpg?1

This is the setup in 3ds Max its pretty basic error_cdt lower point is the axis and it falls down by gravity if ST+ is missing.When ST+ is installed the error_cdt is being restricted from falling down by constraint that only works with ST+ installed. The error text mesh is child of error_cdt and its offset slightly to expose more of it when it falls out.

ekFsJj7.png
Here is the xml code Localhost did set up that makes the error show only when ST+ is not installed.

Spoiler

Edited by woodingot, 28 February 2017 - 06:15 PM.

• powers2440, Bajdon, 8up local and 3 others like this

#182 Rough Rider

Rough Rider

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 03:39 PM

That is very cool. 

• Axonn likes this

#183 Bezimienny

Bezimienny

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts
  • LocationPolska, Torzym

Posted 28 February 2017 - 05:01 PM

Full profesional.
  • Axonn likes this

#184 powers2440

powers2440

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 05:13 PM

most people wold just call the people complaining stupid and call it a day. Nice job being creative to help people out.

• woodingot and Axonn like this

Powers2440 or Overheating Slacker

Part of: Pavement Ends Modding

http://pavement-ends...ing.weebly.com/

#185 woodingot

woodingot

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationEstonia

Posted 28 February 2017 - 06:09 PM

most people wold just call the people complaining stupid and call it a day. Nice job being creative to help people out.

I just got sick of every third comment being complaint in some language i needed to translate and then getting negative votes XD This should atleast solve that issue but now they already complain about other things...

• Glob3Troller and AustinWii like this

#186 Yuxtapuestoelmono

Yuxtapuestoelmono

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
  • LocationZárate, Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Posted 28 February 2017 - 06:34 PM

Well done my friend, very well done :)

• woodingot and Axonn like this

Alias/A.K.A.:
Alemart_el_Redentor.
Alemart_the_Redeemer.
Alemart.
And right arrow quote.
Antaeus.
FAA-117
FAAVPilot.
pupae_pedorra.
IMBECIL...

#187 hydrowasul

hydrowasul

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 04:22 AM

that's hilarious :D :D :D

• 8up local and woodingot like this

#188 Rough Rider

Rough Rider

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 03:11 AM

I'm glad that for the most part, this community gets along. It's a great thing about ST.

• Axonn likes this

#189 wabbere

wabbere

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 08:02 AM

Sorry nederlands, laat je niet ergeren, heb je lang gevolgd bij dit project. Vind het zo goed dat het gelukt is naar zoveel stenen op de weg. Fijne voertuig gewoon top. Als de mensen mopperen laat hun zelf doen, dan weet men hoeveel werk het is en hoe moeilijk het is. Ze wouden dit en nog steeds mopperen, snap ik niet. Bedankt voor al je / julie zwaar werk

• woodingot likes this

#190 AustinWii

AustinWii

Spintires Gameplay Expert

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 295 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 02 March 2017 - 07:51 PM

Looks good, glad you and Localhost were able to add it. Now, hopefully the negative comments will die down.

post-1-0-63234200-1400242015.png

Feel free to check out my Spintires Winching Guide at:

http://www.oovee.co....-winching-guide

#191 woodingot

woodingot

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationEstonia

Posted 20 March 2017 - 09:12 AM

Does anyone have experience or ideas about making driver addon would there be way to make Spintires dude into addon even if animation gets lost. I did have driver for DT-75 at some point but the animation was not suitable as seat was on other side and Spintires dude ended up sticking hes hand out through the door to shift gears. Also driver gets in the way of first person camera so it has to be addon as i and probably many more like to play in first person. To be honest the hand throu the door even would be good enough as long as driver is addon XD

Older pic of when DT-75 had driver

Spoiler

#192 SKŲŁŁΘԲÐЗѦŦH

SKŲŁŁΘԲÐЗѦŦH

Death approaches us.

• Tester
  • PipPipPip
  • 881 posts
  • LocationTipton, IN

Posted 20 March 2017 - 11:13 AM

Hey woodingot i got to ask, what program do you use for texture work?

SKŲŁŁΘԲÐЗѦŦH - Fellow MetalHead
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Released vehicles
1999 dodge ram 1500 converted to legacy version thanks to Rav3n and Hein
http://spintires.nl/...1999-dodge-ram/

F350MT 1.0.0
http://www.oovee.co....861-sod-f350mt/
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted Image

#193 woodingot

woodingot

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationEstonia

Posted 20 March 2017 - 11:44 AM

Hey woodingot i got to ask, what program do you use for texture work?

All textures are done in Blender first i make high poly mesh then apply materials to in in Node editor (usually very complex materials and it takes lots of tweaking) then bake the whole thing to low poly mesh. I know there are better programs out there but they are not free like Blender is. Im definitely no expert on texturing i just found this method and it works good enough so i stick with it even thou its kinda limited and awkward to use. I dont do any hand brushing there its all in the material and geometry and inputting right base textures and masks

Edited by woodingot, 20 March 2017 - 11:47 AM.

• SKŲŁŁΘԲÐЗѦŦH and >Forces< like this

#194 hydrowasul

hydrowasul

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 06:59 AM

Im definitely no expert on texturing

i'd say getting these amazing results with that amount of "limited equipment" (i can't even make basic shapes in blender, it's user-unfriendly as hell for me) makes you kind of an expert

#195 woodingot

woodingot

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationEstonia

Posted 23 March 2017 - 07:59 AM

i can't even make basic shapes in blender, it's user-unfriendly as hell for me

Modelling in Blender is maybe not the easiest but node editor for texturing is pretty fun to use unless you are after absolute realism as then it can get very complicated. Im struggling with 3DS Max much more than Blender as i had to use it to export DT-75 because exporting tracks and suspension animation did work out in Blender. So basically i had to follow youtube tutorials and read forums to work with 3DS Max as its like opposite of Blender XD

Question to other Blender users does anyone else have issue with latest version when adjusting color ramp nodes? I switched to older none Steam version as latest one just keeps crashing.

• >Forces< likes this

#196 >Forces<

>Forces<

Zil Lover Zil Drifter

• Experienced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:33 PM

I'm used to blender , after 1 year and 4 months, I can model many things just from pics with easy and i can model old cars too (Uaz 469,Gaz66,Volvo c303 and some of the mods I have realesed) I still struggle with newer ones (Chevy Cobalt SS,Suzuki Jimny,Dodge Viper), plus make some of the lowest poly detailed tires (like baja claw and tsl SS and Boggers)... you can learn fast with blender and get used to it and its many funtions+ all the user made pluggins can help you with anything you want

yup, i'm back onto the old trusty 2.76b , and the node editor only crashes when I'm in materials view and I switch a node or disconect one, or when ussing the pointness node many (10 or 15) times in a single material 

• woodingot and SmarOneNine like this

I'll make the best Zil 130 4x2 ever!
Follow me on istagram gercar3
I thought i could make a good virus joke but i won't because it might be contagious

Starting Modders Modding guide by LetsRockAndRoll

Spoiler

LhwA14G.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users