Oovee will not accept mods/code etc ripped from other games or made from models with illegal/unsuitable copyright or not in accordance with licenses and/or forum rules. Any Mods will be removed and the user may be banned.
Only statements relating to Spintires that are posted here by Oovee staff are official statements from Oovee limited and Spin Tires

There is a issue with the Facebook Login. Until this is fixed you can request a password reset using the email you use to access Facebook.

Photo

[NEW] Useful links for new users

46 replies to this topic

#41 MarijnS95

MarijnS95

Raytrace-em-all

• Senior Moderator
  • 3,597 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 19 May 2016 - 05:14 PM

also is there a forum page about how to make an XML file from  scratch for a mod for spin tires? ive been seeing code here and there but i really dont know where to start in XML

No, but there are an infinite ammount of XML tutorials online. I did post some ST related XML tips here, but never really added anything to it.
Please use the search function or Google before posting a question!
It might've been asked already, and you'll get your answer way quicker than waiting for a response.
Keep in mind that I'm a voluntary moderator, not an official Oovee representative. Things I say may or may not represent the view of Oovee themselves.
Create and send log
  1. Start Spintires while holding Shift. (Start it by clicking play in Steam or (double)clicking the icon on your desktop/start-menu/taskbar)
  2. Try to reproduce the bug. Make sure you get the behavior that you are reporting before proceeding to the next step.
  3. Open up the forum thread, right to the Post button there is another button called More Reply options. Click that.
  4. On the bottom there is a button called Choose Files.... A file selection window should appear. Paste type in
    %appdata%\Spintires\Log.txt
    and press enter. Now the log file should upload. If it gives an error, manually check if the file Log.txt exists. If not, try again
  5. Finish your post and send it.
Clean up your Spintires installation
  1. Go to the installation directory of Spintires, usually in
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Spintires
    . This is the default location. If you told Steam to install at another location, you probably know where it is. If you can't find it, right-click the game in Steam, click on the tab Local files then click on Browse Local Files.
  2. Delete all files that end with the
    .mdmp
    extension. If there are other files besides
    _CommonRedist
    Media
    User
    Media.zip
    Shaders.zip
    SpinTires.exe
    steam_api.dll
    steam_appid.txt
    and
    TexturesCache.zip
    , delete these too.
  3. Go into the
    Media
    folder and delete everything except the
    videos
    folder.
  4. Press windowskey and R simultaneously, type in (or copy)
    %appdata%
    and press enter. Now delete the Spintires folder. Warning: this deletes your settings and saves! If you want to keep this, backup this folder to another location.
  5. Now, verify the Steam Appcache for Spintires. To do so click here . Don't be surprised, this button will fire up Steam and do the validation!
Delete Spintires from your computer
Are you sure? Sure, delete Spintires.
Create DxDiag
  1. Press windowskey and R simultaneously, type in (or copy)
    dxdiag
    and press enter. Click yes if a warning about signatures pops up.
  2. Click the save button on the bottom right. Choose a location you can easily find! Wait for the saving process to complete.
  3. Upload the file you created to the forum. Click more reply options next to the post button to upload the file.
  4. Finish your post (write something descriptive) and post it.

#42 Lego8_bit

Lego8_bit

• Experienced Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Locationcurrently welding in my garage

Posted 21 May 2016 - 02:13 PM

ok thank you for that lovely information :D

#43 >Forces<

>Forces<

Advance Mod Maker

• Experienced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts
  • LocationVenezuela

Posted 30 May 2016 - 01:01 PM

For those who like Photorealism when texturing (mods,texture tweaks or models) heres a good website with 15 free downloads points everyday

http://www.textures.com/

• Stellyan likes this

I'll make the best Zil 130 4x2 ever!
Follow me on istagram gercar3
I thought i could make a good virus joke but i won't because it might be contagious

Starting Modders Modding guide by LetsRockAndRoll

Spoiler

LhwA14G.png

#44 jack63ss

jack63ss

• Experienced Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 07:52 PM

I am a Newbie and wanted to know if there is a link to a description of how to play this game ? I have looked at 3 or 4 "demos" and gone thru the FAQ,  but none discuss the objectives or how you are supposed to approach any task. The driving I get, that part is easy, but, for example, if the truck I have shows it has a Winch, how do I make it work ? I saw lots of things in the demos but I have no idea how the user accomplished what they did.

Thanks

#45 SmarOneNine

SmarOneNine

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 28 March 2017 - 06:43 PM

I am a Newbie and wanted to know if there is a link to a description of how to play this game ? I have looked at 3 or 4 "demos" and gone thru the FAQ,  but none discuss the objectives or how you are supposed to approach any task. The driving I get, that part is easy, but, for example, if the truck I have shows it has a Winch, how do I make it work ? I saw lots of things in the demos but I have no idea how the user accomplished what they did.

Thanks

When in game if you push the ESC button and go to controls you can find what your looking for , Press 'V' to use the vehicles options like the winch......I cant help you with the objective stuff i dont play it for that im just a explorer.

<<< CHECK ME OUT ON YOUTUBE >>>

LqpIzdZ.png

#46 >Forces<

>Forces<

Advance Mod Maker

• Experienced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts
  • LocationVenezuela

Posted 09 April 2017 - 01:32 PM

How to Change the sound of trucks

I'll make the best Zil 130 4x2 ever!
Follow me on istagram gercar3
I thought i could make a good virus joke but i won't because it might be contagious

Starting Modders Modding guide by LetsRockAndRoll

Spoiler

LhwA14G.png

#47 8up local

8up local

sharp as a marble

• Experienced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts
  • LocationSoIL

Posted 04 May 2017 - 10:05 PM

i have searched, but am not finding what i am wanting to know. what program do i need to edit the winch line color or skin? am looking to make a better looking line for myself.

EDIT: ok i found the program i was needing, paint.net is the one i have been missing. 

Edited by 8up local, 04 May 2017 - 11:51 PM.

• SPUN likes this

Force Acceleration: Learn it, Live it, Love it.  ;)

Roads are but a mere suggestion....

8up Winchline spintires.nl

8up Winchline

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users