Oovee will not accept mods/code etc ripped from other games or made from models with illegal/unsuitable copyright or not in accordance with licenses and/or forum rules. Any Mods will be removed and the user may be banned.
Only statements relating to Spintires that are posted here by Oovee staff are official statements from Oovee limited and Spin Tires

Photo
undergoing admin observation

Oovee updates regarding Spintires

undergoing admin observation

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
531 replies to this topic

#1 Tony Fellas - Oovee

Tony Fellas - Oovee

Forum, IT & Websystems Manager

• Administrators
  • 143 posts
  • LocationCyprus

Posted 18 February 2015 - 08:30 AM

POPULAR

We openly admit that communications between Oovee and our customers have been weak over the last few months. Our customer base grew far beyond what we initially expected and we needed to cater for that quickly – the development plans became sketchy and before we knew it we had a runaway train. Please accept our apologies.

We are changing the way we work, for good! Oovee is now being streamlined and the way we work is much more structured, and that’s thanks to the recent team meeting we had from both sides of the pond. Another team meeting is scheduled for March which we will discuss internally more of what is said below, plus other things.

In the past there has been speculation regarding the relationship between Oovee and our programming god, Pavel. Yes - no relationship goes without its problems, however, we have settled the communication issues that we have had in the past.

Some of you have been expressing your disappointment regarding the miscommunication between various Social Media outlets. From now on, any statements made by Oovee will be translated into a suitable language for the Social Media geographical base. Communication will be synchronised.

Testing / QA and new Experimental / Dev branches.

Our testing and QA program in the past has been flawed. We have opened the door to a new idea which involves a 2 stage Testing/QA program.

Firstly, ‘builds’ will be tested internally by a group of dedicated people – feedback will be collected and then a new ‘build’ is produced with necessary fixes. After this, we will open the ‘build’ to a larger group of selected people with a wide variety of computer configurations.

Once we are all satisfied that the build passes our stringent QA test, it will be made publically available in the form of a ‘stable release’. This will be automatically downloaded by our customers.

Introducing to you a new Experimental / Dev branch that will soon be available on Steam for you to opt-in. This will include new features and changes to Spintires for you to experience and provide us with your feedback. If feedback is positive, some of those new features developed here will be seen in the ‘stable release’ version at a later date.

The available branches to choose will be the following;

-          Stable (current)

-          Previous

-          Experimental/Dev

Future update roadmap.

Our intention is to release updates to the ‘stable release’ once per month minimum, with interim bug fixes in-between. There is an update currently being tested that includes a fix for the G27 steering wheel support & Mp saves relating to the Steam timeout issue.

Moving forwards, our next large update will include ‘Mod support’ expected in early April.

The next is scheduled for early May, which will include a ‘Cockpit camera view’!

Further announcements on these new features will follow soon.

DLC Path

There has been controversy within the community over our decisions with DLC, however we can happily confirm that a new DLC is heading your way this summer. Expect us to spring some more details on you regarding this over the coming months.

The next Spintires

How can we possibly talk about the next iteration of Spintires when we still haven’t finished improving the current version of Spintires? Well to be fair, software is never finished and we understand that. But with the huge success of the Spintires release, it’s kind of a no-brainer but to continue the franchise and create an even better game with a larger team and a larger budget.

So with great pleasure we can confirm that planning has commenced for the next iteration of Spintires, whatever form it may come in. It is suggested not to ask too many questions about it because we simply cannot answer them just yet.

Finally

Thank you all for your continued support, it takes great pleasure to provide you with your dreams of the best off-roading experience available to the digital world. Let’s toast to the future of Spintires!

• Flanna, BRABUS V-12 Bi-Turbo, ninjamoses and 62 others like this

#2 BelgarionNL

BelgarionNL

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 10:15 AM

Interesting post Tony Fellas, would you care to respond to this:

Edited by Hein, 18 February 2015 - 10:31 AM.
Removed Fake Skype chat windows to prevent Pavel getting unwanted Skype contact requests.

#3 Tony Fellas - Oovee

Tony Fellas - Oovee

• Administrators
  • 143 posts
  • LocationCyprus

Posted 18 February 2015 - 10:20 AM

We have spoken to Pavel and this "Skype Chat" is a fake. More of the rubbish that was spread before, 

Pavel will be commenting here later to day so he can confirm it as a fake.

• Lawrence Mayotte likes this

#4 dichter4fun

dichter4fun

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 10:27 AM

I'm sure it's a fake because pavel never spoke engilsh this well. Would be very important that pavel give us a short post today as soon as possible because negativity spreads very fast.

• Tony Fellas - Oovee, Flanna, Lawrence Mayotte and 3 others like this

#5 Tony Fellas - Oovee

Tony Fellas - Oovee

• Administrators
  • 143 posts
  • LocationCyprus

Posted 18 February 2015 - 10:35 AM

I'm sure it's a fake because pavel never spoke engilsh this well. Would be very important that pavel give us a short post today as soon as possible because negativity spreads very fast.

Pavel will be doing that and also putting a Russian translation of the statement out later

• Shyryp and Lawrence Mayotte like this

#6 lebonbourgeon

lebonbourgeon

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 10:46 AM

I'm glad to read that Tony.

Thanks !

• Tony Fellas - Oovee likes this

#7 Sledge Hammer (Inspector)

Sledge Hammer (Inspector)

An apple a day will keep anyone away.... if thrown hard enough..

• Moderators
  • 621 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 February 2015 - 11:19 AM

Sounds exciting! Glad to hear of the new developments.  Looking forward to the coming updates!

And thanks for communicating! Much appreciated!

Cheers

Sledge

• Tony Fellas - Oovee and Lawrence Mayotte like this
Spoiler
Please bear with me - still experimenting and fiddling - I'll improve this soon. Promise.

#8 TwIsTeDMiNd

TwIsTeDMiNd

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 11:59 AM

Wow, such great news!! I'm stoked!!!

PeterUSA sent me a mail regarding that skype chat and he created a Reedit. Looks like he's trying to spread the rumors against you, I was starting to be worried. Hopefully, the news from today is reassuring. The only thing I would like is seeing Pavel more active here, that would help keeping the false rumors away.

Anyway, about Spintires 2, I hope it there will be snow and rain and that it will include manufacturers such as Poncce, John Deer, Caterpillar etc, and that it will turn into an exploration--->harvester--->forwarder--->road wood transporter--->cistern refuel simulator with tracked vehicles. Be able to cut down trees would be great. Going mainstream would help the game sell even more. By mainstream I mean, not just russian machinery.

Keep up the good work guys, can't wait for updates and a proper sequel. I really hope Pavel will still be the lead developer and creative mind behind Spintires 2! This guy is the key to the franchise success!!

Edited by TwIsTeDMiNd, 18 February 2015 - 12:19 PM.

• Lawrence Mayotte and thierryki69 like this

#9 dukeboy

dukeboy

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 18 February 2015 - 12:02 PM

Thanks for the info,so glad this great game is going to keep getting better.

• Lawrence Mayotte likes this

#10 A High Hamster

A High Hamster

o.O

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 12:03 PM

The next is scheduled for early May, which will include a ‘Cockpit camera view’!

I this a dream or am i dead?

• Lawrence Mayotte, SinMike and mr stroudy like this

NPjpnqy.jpg

#11 Pavel Zagrebelnyy - Oovee

Pavel Zagrebelnyy - Oovee

Lead Programmer - Spintires

• Developper
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 12:09 PM

Hello eveyone!

Apparently pictures of my "conversation" is now floating around here - ITS A FAKE!

I was pissed with our situation but I never said anything like it, and I dont really see a point of the guy who does it

Thanks to Tony our "communication" problems are now in the past, so expect new cool stuff for Spintires soon!

Best regards

• Tony Fellas - Oovee, Flanna, BRABUS V-12 Bi-Turbo and 39 others like this

#12 TwIsTeDMiNd

TwIsTeDMiNd

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 12:13 PM

Hell yeahh Pavel!! Hopefully your post is legit. You're a hell of a programmer!! Keep up the good work and nice to see you around!!!

#13 Tony Fellas - Oovee

Tony Fellas - Oovee

• Administrators
  • 143 posts
  • LocationCyprus

Posted 18 February 2015 - 12:21 PM

I this a dream or am i dead?

You are not dreaming. It is really coming!!!
  • tifosi57, Gripen, casperincairns911 and 3 others like this

#14 Pavel Zagrebelnyy - Oovee

Pavel Zagrebelnyy - Oovee

Lead Programmer - Spintires

• Developper
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 12:33 PM

Pavel, I used your leaked map editor. When you do it for mod support, consider this:

Ok.

There would be several big improvements to the editor before it goes public anyways

• Gripen, Nightwolf, casperincairns911 and 6 others like this

#15 Tarry Paloma

Tarry Paloma

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 12:52 PM

Our customer base grew far beyond what we initially expected and we needed to cater for that quickly – the development plans became sketchy and before we knew it we had a runaway train.

A runaway train? I'm disappointed that you didn't use a more trucky analogy :P

Anyway, good of you to be so open, I can't say I felt it was required but it's appreciated anyway.

Mod support by early April sounds ambitious, I'm sure there'll be plenty of complaints when it's set back ;)

Edited by Tarry Paloma, 18 February 2015 - 12:52 PM.

• Tony Fellas - Oovee, MultiGamerClub, SKŲŁŁΘԲÐЗѦŦH and 1 other like this

#16 Tony Fellas - Oovee

Tony Fellas - Oovee

• Administrators
  • 143 posts
  • LocationCyprus

Posted 18 February 2015 - 12:59 PM

A runaway train? I'm disappointed that you didn't use a more trucky analogy :P

Anyway, good of you to be so open, I can't say I felt it was required but it's appreciated anyway.
Mod support by early April sounds ambitious, I'm sure there'll be plenty of complaints when it's set back ;)

We are not being ambitious. It was already in our plans. But as we said we were not so communicative.
  • Gripen, MultiGamerClub and casperincairns911 like this

#17 Amynue

Amynue

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 01:23 PM

Hey Pavel, would it be possible to remove the 62fps cap?

120/144Hz monitor owners would apriciate that, including me.

• Antsaboy and 3316V like this

#18 hasan525

hasan525

• Experienced Member
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationTurkey

Posted 18 February 2015 - 01:46 PM

Thanks! We publish al the developments. We contacted the ımgn.pro company.

Turkish Simulation Games Platform "SimulasyonTurk"

#19 Warl0rd

Warl0rd

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 18 February 2015 - 02:01 PM

Great news! we were needing this type of communication since new year ;)

I'm glad oovee reconsidered the deployment method and will make proper use of the steam branches.

Announcing a Spintires 2 development is good, but on the other hand that probably means that there won't be any further gameplay development effort in the current version, i.e. we'll be stuck with transporting lumber and unlocking garages forever :(

Add me on Steam: Warl0rd

#20 OlavEmil

OlavEmil

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 402 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 18 February 2015 - 02:09 PM

Nice initiative, Tony Fellas. Looking forward to the future of Spintires. Don't forget to make money too, so it doesn't come to a stop ;) .

The next Spintires

How can we possibly talk about the next iteration of Spintires when we still haven’t finished improving the current version of Spintires? Well to be fair, software is never finished and we understand that. But with the huge success of the Spintires release, it’s kind of a no-brainer but to continue the franchise and create an even better game with a larger team and a larger budget.

So with great pleasure we can confirm that planning has commenced for the next iteration of Spintires, whatever form it may come in. It is suggested not to ask too many questions about it because we simply cannot answer them just yet.

This is by far the best news you could come with! While Spintires is a fantastic first game, I really believe that making a whole new game based on the same concept is the way to go, rather than fiddling with the old game into eternity :) .

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: undergoing admin observation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users