Oovee will not accept mods/code etc ripped from other games or made from models with illegal/unsuitable copyright or not in accordance with licenses and/or forum rules. Any Mods will be removed and the user may be banned.
Only statements relating to Spintires that are posted here by Oovee staff are official statements from Oovee limited and Spin Tires

There is a issue with the Facebook Login. Until this is fixed you can request a password reset using the email you use to access Facebook.

Photo

A note on Tweaks...

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Smithco

Smithco

• Experienced Member
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 12:58 AM

As a General rule: A Proper Tweak = Significant XML overhaul(power, suspension, handling) + New Paintjobs/Textures + Tire Changes + Add-ons + Community Demand 

You don't always need all of them, but this is a good general guideline if you even want to think about asking a Modder for permission to upload a tweaked version of their vehicle. And even if these are all followed, it is still their absolute right to refuse permission.

It seems that I've accidentally started a tweaking movement on the forum, and SID has been hit with an overwhelming amount of requests to upload simple tweaks that are nowhere close to following these guidelines. Also, several have attempted to upload tweaks without the SID's permission, which is simply not acceptable. We're all in it for fun, but we also don't want to populate the download section with a million different simple tweaks of the same vehicles. 

Community Demand was my biggest driver for making my Retuned XJ tweak. I was having plenty of fun tweaking the XJ for my own enjoyment when I noticed that community demand for "more stock" versions of some of UMT's stuff. I had already completed a significant power and suspension overhaul on the XJ, as well as a paintjob and tire change before asking SID's permission and advice for making a proper, upload-able tweak. I spent many hours tweaking the XML, painting it and adding add-on functionality to make it useful and fun for the community. Quality is key over quantity. I have tweaked plenty of other vehicles made by the great mod makers on the forum, but most of them do not meet the guidelines at the top, so I have no desire to upload them. 

For now, SID has requested that I (or anyone else) no longer upload tweaks of his vehicles, save for one (66 Chevy Baja) that I started before this unfortunate mess. 
SID is an extremely nice guy and I'm sure he's been doing his best to respond to everyone's requests, but it has become too much of a burden for him to read through piles of mail and decipher proper tweaks from the overwhelming amount of simple XML changes people are trying to pass off as tweaks. 

I'm posting this in hopes of changing the culture on what a proper tweak is. However, I ask everyone to follow SID's request so he can spend more time bringing us awesome vehicles to the game!

Edited by Smithco, 27 January 2015 - 12:59 AM.

• Aaron Sanderson, Spinwheeler, Seksan2 and 5 others like this

#2 Aaron Sanderson

Aaron Sanderson

they

• Experienced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,222 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 03:19 AM

Would a regear , suspention, wheel add on , fuel/damage adjustment with no new textures l court as an upload able tweek? Assuming I had all permissions and credit due to rightful mod/mods makers?
this is my winch there are many like it but this one is mine.......
my map
http://www.oovee.co....-will-be-blood/

#3 Aaron Sanderson

Aaron Sanderson

they

• Experienced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,222 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 03:21 AM

Would a regear , suspention, wheel add on , fuel/damage adjustment with no new textures l court as an upload able tweek? Assuming I had all permissions and credit due to rightful mod/mods makers?

also who and where to ask to up load
this is my winch there are many like it but this one is mine.......
my map
http://www.oovee.co....-will-be-blood/

#4 richieXtheXboss

richieXtheXboss

Veteran Member

• Experienced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,200 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 20 July 2015 - 02:44 AM

also who and where to ask to up load

say I wanted to use sids hummer brutes roof rack and eclipses tires you have to ask every one of them before you can upload it and just because you ask doesn't mean you can upload it they have to say yes and you have to give them credits in the download  

also these name came to mind so its just an example.

76561198169035384.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users